Paleolithic (cave man) diet or life style change?

Options
Hey Guys,
I was thinking of doing the cave man diet, but would you consider it a diet or more of a life style change, like being vegan? Also is it a healthy life style change/diet?

Replies

• Leanne1795
    Options
    It is a lifestyle change just as Atkins or other lower carb Ways Of Eating are. Very healthy if done properly. :)
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Will you keep up with it for the rest of your life? If so, I believe it's a lifestyle change.

If you are only doing it to drop pounds, and as soon as you reach a certain weight you're going to be done with it, then it's a diet.

That's my belief on the distinction between diet and lifestyle change, and I think it's why making a lifestyle change is so much more successful in the long-term than dieting, and why it is important to create a lifestyle that you can maintain. Often times people go on diets, lose the weight, and then go back to normal habits, only to gain the weight back again. If you change the way you eat/think about food/exercise, and truly change your lifestyle and commit to it, then it is much easier to maintain the loss.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,
    I was thinking of doing the cave man diet, but would you consider it a diet or more of a life style change, like being vegan? Also is it a healthy life style change/diet?

It is a sustainable lifestyle change just like Atkins, Veganism or any other lifestyle change people want to do.
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    Ok thanks you guys :)
  • jeffwaller3
    Options
    It is definitely a life style change not a diet. It does not affect your life style only, it will definitely affect your family and friends as well. There are other types of diet that you can choose from and there are best foods to eat to lose weight.

http://www.weightlosingportal.com/best-foods-to-eat-to-lose-weight/