What are some ways you get energized!?

Options
Lately I just feel... blah. I have a 15 month old who keeps me on my toes but I'm lacking energy to keep up.

Any tips? :smile:

xx

Replies

• sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Stretching, brisk walk, lots of water, and try snacking on nuts through out the day.
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    get someone to watch your angel for a little while and go for a walk, in the fresh air!
    Alot of times for me, the blahs are just my body's way of saying, "you need a break"
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    If you don't work try doing a short workout while your baby naps. I'm doing the 30 day shred right now and I have so much more energy when I'm done. It is hard to get started sometimes when your energy is low, but it definitely helps, at least it does for me.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Take your little one out and walk. It's a good burn because you are pushing weight in the stroller. The exercise and fresh air will invigorate you. Check your diary to see if you are eating things that will drag you down. Red meats can bother me so can diet drinks and simple sugars.
  • science_star
    Options
    Make sure you getting enough sleep- it's too easy to stay up late because it's quite. Any don't forget that not enough iron in your diet can lower your energy even if your not anaemic. If you really feel that you're not feeling the way you should be consider talking to your doctor.
  • Kyloo21
    Options
    Take your little one out and walk. It's a good burn because you are pushing weight in the stroller. The exercise and fresh air will invigorate you. Check your diary to see if you are eating things that will drag you down. Red meats can bother me so can diet drinks and simple sugars.

I didn't know that about red meats. Thanks!

It's storming right now, but I will def go out later.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    For me, definitely the fresh air is a BIG one. Doesn't even have to be walking (although that's my favorite)... just sitting outside on the steps for a few minutes a day helps.

Another way--and this might seem counterintuitive, but it works--is to limit my caffeine. If I have more than one cup of caffeinated tea or coffee a day, I feel kind of gross and sluggish.

Proper hydration is another very effective way... I try to drink 10 glasses of water a day at least (because I sweat a lot out during exercise).

Last, I try to listen to my body, and if my muscles are feeling really tired and I know I've worked out a lot that week, then I just give myself a break. I always feel much more energized after a well-earned rest day.