The consequences of giving into food temptation.....

Options
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I went to Subway today to get a veggie sub for lunch (one of my favorites) and I thought to myself, "Self, you have been pretty good the past couple of days with your food choice! Go a hard and buy you a couple of those cookies on the counter" I entered the cookies here in MFP and found that they were friggin 200 calories per cookie!!!!! My sub totalled 468 calories and the cookies added another 400 calories to my daily food intake.

Needless to say, the temptation was not worth the action! I will have to do a little extra Zumba this week just to work off the extra junk I decided to ingest today!

Hopefully lesson learned on my part..... maybe check MFP before I order my lunch ;)

Replies

• sdwelk11
    Options
    I hear ya! I have learned that I cannot eat foods that are too rich or too much of them because then I end up with heartburn and miserable and the next day my mouth tastes like metal from all the tums I have to take!!!!!! So not worth it to me!
  • holmesd450
    holmesd450 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    it would be fine to eat those cookies as long as you included them into your macros. So just make up for those calories when you eat dinner, no harm done.
  • Kristen923
    Options
    I found that one ghiradelli chocolate square hits the spot when I'm craving sweets. each one is about 60-70 calories depending on the type.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I hear you..eating junky food just isn't worth it to me anymore. This weekend I had a cupcake, which had an outrageous amount of calories & I had to eat tiny portions the rest of the day to stay within my goal. Def. not worth it!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned! :) You ate it, you logged it, it was probably pretty good! YUM! On to tomorow!
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I work above a Panera Bread, I was craving a cookie - so before I grabbed my wallet and headed downstairs, I checked out the calorie count. 400 calories. For one cookie. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I proudly ate my carrot sticks instead!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!! I went to Subway today to get a veggie sub for lunch (one of my favorites) and I thought to myself, "Self, you have been pretty good the past couple of days with your food choice! Go a hard and buy you a couple of those cookies on the counter" I entered the cookies here in MFP and found that they were friggin 200 calories per cookie!!!!! My sub totalled 468 calories and the cookies added another 400 calories to my daily food intake.

Needless to say, the temptation was not worth the action! I will have to do a little extra Zumba this week just to work off the extra junk I decided to ingest today!

Hopefully lesson learned on my part..... maybe check MFP before I order my lunch ;)
    Deprivation doesn't work. More people gain back weight because they eat food they love. You're better off eating those cookies and doing the extra Zumba IMO.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I found that one ghiradelli chocolate square hits the spot when I'm craving sweets. each one is about 60-70 calories depending on the type.

I have half a square and nibble on it to make it last. I seems to work. I have only caved in twice on chocolate. I got shocked at the sodium content at Perkins for fish/shrimp and brown rice. It's insane!!!! Definately learned to check cals and sodium before ordering.
  • chicainthesd
    chicainthesd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i always always check the calories before i buy anything... srry that happened to you :( that was a waste of calories lol but the good thing about mfp is that you can always make it up with exercise :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a little junk food ninja that would jump out and round house kick you in the face if you start reaching for cookies. That way, I would less likely try to grab for them.
  • connell1981
    Options
    LOL ~ thanks to all for the support and comments!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I never eat anything if i dont know the calories in it. Just not worth it tbh.
  • connell1981
    Options
    good advice
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOL, lesson learned. That's happened to me before and I had to do extra cardio. That why I do cheat meals every 2 weeks. I eat one thing that I want, regardless of how many calories, and I do extra cardio to make up for it.