Zumbaaaaaaa!!!

Options
I'm loving Zumba right now - who's with me????

Kel :):smile:

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    the class I went to was lots of fun and didn't really feel like a workout, which is good but I didn't really sweat.. my knee swelled up.. burned 314 cals.. it was okay. I may try it again :)
  • ikypea
    Options
    I LOVE zumba!! That is how I've lost my 21 pounds. It is such a blast. I hope I can lose 100 more pounds doing zumba.
  • chefswife67
    Options
    Love it ! Have the DVDs for home use.. : )
  • janepier
    janepier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got the wii Zumba and tried it last night what a blast
  • isapedeve
    Options
    Same here! :) I loooove the 2011 DVD's, they're so intense and fun..
  • Kelstarr84
    Kelstarr84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can do it - keep up the good work :)
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have tried 20 minute videos On-Demand and I really loved it. I would like to buy the DVD's but they are very expensive. Don't think I could find the time to go to a local class though either. Maybe I'll do the TV offer with three payments of $30...
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!!!! I do a class 3 times a week
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love it! I do 2 classes a week and I'm going to check out a third next week.
  • catniph
    Options
    I love it - the classes make me laugh so much (generally because everyone in the class always spins the wrong way round lol) I know that I don't do it completely correctly yet, but I move about a LOT and to finally have found an exercise that I really enjoy is marvellous.
    I never used to like to dance, so I was really reluctant to go, but my sister and one of our work colleagues really want to go so I said I'd try one session. I've been about 6/7 weeks now!! I even danced recently on a night out (people who knew me actually came up and commented how surprised they were that I was dancing and how nice it was to see me doing so!!!!! :blushing: )

There is only one class nearby in the evening (other than that they're all day time ones), so as I don't have the opportunity to go to more than 1 a week, I got a couple of DVDs (one 20 minute on and one 45 ish min one).
    As I'm on my own doing them, they don't make me laugh as much, but they sure do make me sweat!!

I also have the Wii game and when I first tried it I thought I was going to die...
    Then I looked at the instructions in-game and realised that I was meant to be wearing the belt round my hips - NOT my waist as it said to do in the instruction booklet... GGGGRRRRRRR :grumble: :devil: !!!
    So now I love this too... I like that I can alternate because I was worried that I would get bored with just the DVDs.
  • NicolseJ
    Options
    I love Zumba. (: I do it almost every day. :D
  • missjessica83
    Options
    Lurrrve the zumba :) x
  • isapedeve
    Options
    @Dragongrl

Why don`t you try to buy them used? are cheaper and you could choose the one you liked most :)
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=zumba+2011
    Good luck!
  • XOXolga
    XOXolga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba. I really hurt my knee last week though (lots of jumps!!) and when I went back to class this week, my knee swelled up and hurt. Looksl ike i"m going to need to take a long zumba break which is too bad.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to keep yourself from getting hurt doing zumba? Is it the footwear? Or technique? I'd love some ideas!!!
  • Vivalebeaver
    Vivalebeaver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think zumba on the wii is better than the DVDs. I bought the DVD set last week, the older one with the shake sticks and it's a bit dull to be honest.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Zumba takes away the stress of the day. You forget your exercising. If the original Zumba is too much for you try Zumba gold which is low impact aerobics, slower pace for beginners same music and dances. I alternate between both so I can get in more class time during the week. Also aqua zumba water aerobics is fun. check out zumba.com put in your zip code for your area it will give you the classes in your area. I'm hooked! Have the tapes, classes you get the interaction & friendship of others. Enjoy its a blast!!!