Yoga

Options
You all like which one of the yoga movements?
Tagged:

Replies

• Sugartown2
    Sugartown2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I assume you mean positions. Personally, I enjoy doing a crow. I'm hoping to accomplish the crane position soon.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Crow is fun. My goal is has always been to hit a full scorpion.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Going to my first yoga class tomorrow, my favourite will be the least painful!
  • Sugartown2
    Options
    Crow is fun. My goal is has always been to hit a full scorpion.

I have never tried a 🦂. I can barely hold a handstand for more than 20 seconds
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,526 Member
    Options
    Neither. If you're hypermobile then anything that might have a stretching element to it is taboo.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Neither. If you're hypermobile then anything that might have a stretching element to it is taboo.

What's the opposite of hypermobile? That's me. :laugh:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,769 Member
    Options
    What's your reason for asking?

I don't think of yoga that way, I guess. I think of it more as a systemic thing with multiple parts that work together to improve mobility, balance, and flexibility. When practicing on my own, I do choose sequences that emphasize my individual goals or challenges.

Asking about a favorite pose seems kind of like asking which canoe-paddling stroke I like best: I may use some more often than others, but I need them all sometimes in order to make progress.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,526 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

What's the opposite of hypermobile? That's me. :laugh:

Well, the thing is that many people who are hypermobile (those that don't end up in wheelchairs) end up with chronically tight muscles because the muscles take over the function of the useless tendons and stabilize the joints. If you stretch or massage them they might stop being tight, which results in muscle and joint pain until they're tight again. Unless they're too tight and then you're in pain as well.
  • YuMin1
    YuMin1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Child’s pose, downward dog and upward dog combo are my favorites.
  • Sugartown2
    Options
    YuMin1 wrote: »
    Child’s pose, downward dog and upward dog combo are my favorites.

Those are great poses after sitting at my desk all day