Store Bought Coffee Creamers

Options
What are your favorites? I seek those with little/no added sugar. My current favorites are Super Creamer and Nutpods. Any thoughts about these? What do you recommend? #coffee

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i use premier protein shakes as my creamers, usually the salted caramel or the chocolate PB cup ones.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I found if I bought better coffee, I don't need creamer at all. Now I can save those calories for chocolate! Yay!
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Nestle Coffee Mate liquid creamer. Easy to find 16/32/64 ounce bottles everywhere in the US, but they don't sell it in the UK. Hazelnut is my default, with an alternate of coconut creme, french vanilla or creme brulee.

xz9bm81meofn.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of the flavored creamers and don't particularly care for any sweetness in my coffee. I also buy premium coffee and grind it fresh daily, so I definitely want to taste what I'm paying for so by and large I take my coffee black. I prefer medium roasts but occasionally my wife will get a dark roast and in those instances I typically do add a little regular 1/2 and 1/2 to cut the bitterness of a dark roast.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    I drink it black these days, but years ago I would just use plain milk or half and half (if you're not in the U.S., half and half is half milk and half cream -- I think it runs about 15% milkfat), since I have never liked sweetener in my coffee.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bailey’s ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bailey’s ;)

I save that one for camping and holidays.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my coffee is not the place where I want to try to 'save calories' -- I like any flavored coffee creamer usually (except for some reason, white mocha is disgusting to me). If I don't have a flavored creamer I will use regular or brown sugar and half/half. Or heavy cream if I have that. I will use sugar free creamer....or sweet&low too.

I'm really not that picking --- I need coffee so I'll drink it however I can get it lol.

I will say (if you like coffee) if you buy decent coffee beans, grind them fresh, and use a pour over system --- you absolutely can get away with using less or none at all....it's the best tasting coffee that I think you can make at home in roughly the same amount of time/effort as regular drip coffee.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Re calories, I've been surprised to learn that for a long time I've been budgeting way too many calories to the sweetener.

I use the Coffee Mate liquid, which is shown as 35 calories per serving. I'm aware there's a low fat version available. Anyway, usually these "serving size" labels err on the side of too small, and I've been logging three cups with 35 cals each every day for ages, just going with what the label said. So 105 per day.

I finally got around to tracking my actual usage from a bottle, and I'm on track to have at least 2x, maybe close to 2.5x, as many servings as the label says. Which means for the longest time I've been using about 45 cals daily from the creamer, instead of the 105 I've been logging.

That's a difference of 21,900 calories in a year, aka 6.25 pounds!
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    MikeMag_CT wrote: »
    What are your favorites? I seek those with little/no added sugar. My current favorites are Super Creamer and Nutpods. Any thoughts about these? What do you recommend? #coffee

International delight sugar free flavors... I think they carry a few different ones. I tend to like caramel
  • kchapmanma
    kchapmanma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk instead of cream or half-and-half now. It's not as creamy, but I do prefer to save my calories for other things. I quite like nutpods too - but I tend to just use almond milk for two reasons: 1) when I do buy a coffee at a coffee shop, it's pretty common for them to offer almond milk as an option but not nutpods and the like, and 2) almond milk is generally much cheaper (with almond milk being around $0.05/fluid ounce to nutpods being more like $0.40/fluid ounce).
  • 50sforme
    50sforme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use plain light cream and “skinny syrup” with 0 sugar. Salted caramel is my favorite. The combo is slightly fewer calories than my old flavored creamer and much better carb wise