I feel so greedy!!

Options
I have completely spiralled out of control, after losing almost 20lbs, ive started binge eating and going over my calorie limit by atleast 500 calories every day! For example ive just had a jacket potato and bolognaise for tea but then had TWO bowls of muesli STRAIGHT AWAY!! im so greedy and I NEED HEEEELLLPPP!!

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need something to keep you and your hands busy!! hop in the car and go shopping, go for a walk....is something stressing you out?
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    This only happens to me during TOM. How long has this been going on?
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I agree, the key seems to be to keep busy and get your mind on something else. Also sometimes dehydration can be mistaken for hunger. Try drinking some water and keeping busy. We all go through this, best of luck!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    This often happens to me if I'm just sitting around the house. I guess being bored and not having nothing to do makes you just want to eat. Try going for a walk or doing something to keep yourself busy at home.
  • 44longcopse
    44longcopse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can totally sympathise, I lost a stone last year and ended up bingeing again and gradually put all the weight back on again. I have only just got back to what I was last year. It was horrible having to lose it all again as I kept thinking I have already done this once. Just keep in mind what you have already lost and how annoyed you would be at having to loose it all over again. try to think about why you dont want to go back to what you were and think that even if you dont lose any more you are still lighter than what you were. I have just been to my first Zumba class and sat down with a cup of tea and really felt like having a little something to eat but I knew that if I started I would eat lots so I told myself to wait until I had finished my tea and then think again, luckily the craving had gone then and i am so pleased I did not give into temptation. When you feel like eating when you know you are not hungry make yourself wait for about 15 mins and hopefully the feeling will go. Hope this helps.
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    what does 'TOM' mean? x
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Id hate to put my weight back on, id be sooo gutted! It is boredom, when im sat on my own at my house i get SO bored and start thinking about food.

xxx
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You're doing something to sabatoge your success...you need to figure out WHY! Keep focusing on how well you've done so far, and get back on track!