Women 200lb+, Let's Creep It Real This October!!!

Options

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!!

So I’m attempting to cut out coffee since I’m more addicted to the creamers than actual coffee. Plus this time of year there’s so many tempting flavors and just want to try them all.

@BeeHapppy101 I almost never buy coffee creamers any longer. Instead I buy half & half or whatever milk product I'm into at the moment. Then I buy Skinny Syrups in a bunch of flavors to add to my coffee. Then the only calories is from the milk of choice, there isn't any added sugar and you can still have all the fun flavors. I buy mine at TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Ross, etc or online directly at www.SkinnyMixes.com or on Amazon if I just want one specific flavor.

Actually, this morning I had a Smores Iced Coffee using cold brew coffee, a splash of milk, a bit of Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso syrup and Toasted Marshmallow syrup all over ice. Coffee is only about 2 to 5 calories per cup, the syrups are essentially zero so the only calories was from the splash of milk.

• justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    @BeeHapppy101 regarding creamers: I agree with @pamperedlinny. I have a bunch of no calorie sweeteners, there are ohhh so many! I also skip the milk or half and half, because I am a cafe latte kinda gal and instead use almond milk @ 30 calories per 8oz. Also, I like to get sweet coffee beans, like "cinnamon bun" or "dulce de leche" so I get lots of flavor and my calories are fine. As for candy, I would graze if it was in my face I think. Usually, I have to measure out a thing - put it in a small bowl, and then eat said thing. I can't just willy nilly do things.

Fun fact: I have to measure out my dog's food on a scale! Yep, I am that bad with the eyeballing things.

I love that pumpkins float!! That sounds like soooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WJDK
    WJDK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    12 miles of 35 walking miles completed so far this month! I love fall!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    You know I love my food holidays.... today is both National Gumbo Day and National Pulled Pork Day so I combined them to make gumbo including the pulled pork I still have left over and just used what I already had on hand in the fridge and freezer.

Ingredients:
    2 tbsp unsalted butter
    2 to 3 tbsp all purpose flour
    4 cups chicken broth
    1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
    1 small can tomato sauce 1 link chorizo (removed casing & sliced while slightly frozen)
    4 oz shrimp (mine was frozen, peeled & deveined)
    1/2 cup leftover pulled pork 😋
    About a cup each celery, onion & sweet peppers
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 to 2 tsp cajun seasoning
    1 tsp thyme
    Salt & pepper to taste

Melt butter and add flour. Mix and cook until it becomes a caramel color. Add broth, sauce and tomatoes. Mix well. Add in everything else Cook over medium until protein is cooked through, vegetables are soft and broth has thickened. Serve over Jasmine Rice 🍚

My photo doesn't seem to want to attach properly but I tried to attach the photo of my bowl to this post.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Today is Lego Club for the kid and the Zumba class with the instructor that I swear is a gazelle. She runs, goes straight from squat to jumps and sets a crazy pace. I think I modify about half of the class just to keep up but she's a lot of fun too so it's a good time.

I also promised my husband lasanga for dinner tonight so I'll need to get on that during my lunch hour. We use the lentil pasta sheets and I cook shredded zucchini with the ground meat. I think I'm going to be making a second pan this time to freeze so next time I promise lasanga I won't have to prep but just thaw it out instead.

School is off tomorrow and the husband took off work too so I'll have them both around harrassing me all day. We'll see how much work I get done that way.
  • BeeHapppy101
    BeeHapppy101 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Thanks for all the coffee suggestions @pamperedlinny & @justanotherloser007 I’ll have to give the syrups another try. I tried some a few years ago and the artificial after taste was too much. Can’t remember the brand or flavor but I’m sure things have improved.

S’mores iced coffee sounds scrumptious!

Haha about measuring your dog’s food too. I’m with you absolutely no eyeballing skills. It’s always an eye opener when I start weighing and tracking. How easy it is for the portions to creep back up when I don’t. There’s a bowl of Halloween candy at work and I have this whole conversation in my head every time I walk by. Hopefully I’ll be able to stay away today. I haven’t gotten any for home and will try not to as long as I can because if I know it’s in the house I’ll keep thinking about it.

Maybe I should look for Halloween coloring books too!

Or get pumpkins to decorate!

How funny pumpkins float. I had no clue.

@pamperedlinny sounds like it’s pulled pork month for you! You’re so creative adding to gumbo and everything. I’m so must stick to the recipe.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW October 2022: 188
    GW this month: 188 (maintain)
    Goal for 2022: Stay the course

10/6 - 188.2
    10/13 - 189.4
    10/20 -
    10/27 -

Goals -

- Walking in the am on work from home days
    - Gym 3x per week or more
    - Log as accurately as possible

We have a number of activities planned each weekend in October that are going to make staying in a deficit challenging. Last weekend was Vegas (just got back last night). I think I did fairly well keeping things balanced by lots of walking, sharing meals and staying away from sugary beverages. On a side note, I loved dressing up and going out on the strip in Vegas. It was so much fun to embrace my curves and show off the changes I have worked so hard for. Yay for confidence! I expect the small gain today is due to water retention from flying and TOM.

This weekend we have two events: Saturday is the Spirits, Brews and Bites in the Historic district which is a Halloween themed food and drink festival and Sunday is a wine club pickup party and lunch at one of our wine clubs. My goal is to be careful with my eating during the week so I have a few extra calories to play with on the weekend.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    @BeeHapppy101 I like stevia sweeteners the best, I realize that isn't for everyone. But once you give up sugar, over time you will tolerate other sweeteners better. One lent, I didn't have sodas and I was sooo looking forward to my fav soda, only to find out that I didn't like it anymore. Taste bud reset I call it. It has happened to me many times, and I am not the only one. You just have to not eat said thing for a bit.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda
    40 years old
    5'7"
    SW: 300 lbs
    Sept 25: 226.4 lb
    Oct 4: 230.6 lb
    Oct 8: 226.2 lb
    Oct 14: 225 lb

Last night I had the worst nightmare. I dreamt that my daughter had passed away and I was utterly shattered. Even in my dream my husband was almost unable to function from grief. When I woke up at 3:30am I was so devestated because it felt so real. I ran through my house to make sure everyone was breathing, accidentally woke up my husband and sobbed uncontrolably for over an hour. I finally dozed back off a bit but not very deeply or well so I'm beyond exhausted.

My husband is off work and my daughter is off school today. I was annoyed about them being in my way today but now I'm just thankful everyone is good. We also have the first parent / teacher conference of the year today.... and I'm stupid happy about that meeting as well because it means my girl is alive and well. I'm a mess today.

Also, as is normal when I get up crazily early, I feel like I'm starving already. I'm going to try and just have my coffee and then wait until 10am to eat like normal but I have a feeling my eating pattern is going to be off kilter too because I'm so hungry already. Maybe I'll try a piece of low calorie toast with no sugar apple butter in a bit. Apple Butter in the fall always makes me feel pretty good.

This weekend is a bit chaotic again. Saturday is volleyball game, a fall festival at the fire dept and a friend's romance party. Sunday I have the welcome desk at church in the morning and another kid's birthday party with the neighbors. I still haven't bought a gift yet so I need to squeeze in a run to Walmart too. Our local downtown has it's HUGE annual fall event that goes from Thurs thru Sun and we try to go each year but you can't do it justice in just an hour or two (plus parking isn't pretty) so we might have to miss this year with doing all the other stuff. I avoid the Friday nights there because people who get off work just stay downtown and it's even more packed.

I agree about taste bud reset @justanotherloser007. If you go a while without having something sometimes it doesn't taste just the same as you remember. It doesn't work for everything, there are plenty of things I'll never like the taste of at all, but you'd be surprised at how often it works if it's a daily favorite item and you go a couple months without. Our bodies are both weird and wonderful.

@sandielewis2001 Your events this weekend sound fun!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back. It's been well over a year. Started logging today. I won't get a weigh in until months end mostly because I just got back from vacation. I pretty much gain 1-2s lb a month when I don't track.

I'm guessing I'm 230-235
    Goal: log every day
    Gym: get in 2-3 times a week
    Goal weigh under 230 by end of October
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Happy Monday!

We had a lot this weekend. Friday was no school and husband at home which also led to giggling girls all over my house including one staying for a sleepover. It meant pizza for dinner, brownie sundaes for dessert and pancakes for breakfast. Saturday included sitting in Starbucks with a friend battling cancer, volleyball for my girl, a fall festival and a romance party. Sunday even included another kids birthday party. I don't want to know how many calories I consumed. I tried to start off strong but it just spiraled after a bit. Since my overall plan is maintenance through the end of the year I'm not going to worry too much. I'll just wait until next weekend to weigh (which is my normal anyway) and hope that it's all evened out by then.

This week is also TOM so I'm trying to not go nuts on everything but I swear anything salty, fatty or overly sweet sounds excellent right now. Like.... a plate of crispy french fries and a side of ice cream would be heavenly... instead I'm just sticking to coffee and water for the next hour or so.

I'm in debate if I'm trying to get to my Zumba class this afternoon. I have stuff lined up almost every day this week so I'd like to have an evening at home but after the weekend of eating I don't want to skip exercise altogether. I did manage a short workout this morning and plan to walk at lunch today though so I might take that one night at home. We'll see how I feel at the end of the work day.

@RavenStCloud That’s an overload of sweets. I hope you’re able to enjoy a bit without it being too crazy. I LOVE crockpots… especially this time of year. Vegetable based soups are super easy in the crockpot and great for this time of year.
    My mom actually had Pelvic Floor Prolapse which meant having a full hysterectomy because things actually moved out of place. If you look it up it can be scary stuff. I’m glad you got help for it because we learned ignoring those type issues can lead to all sorts of rough stuff.

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 That sounds so miserable. I'm so sorry. I know I've said that before but I sincerely hope you get some relief soon.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning!

I did miss Zumba yesterday but my daughter also fell asleep at school so I felt it was important to have a relaxing night in and an earlier night to bed. I've already told my husband I'll be at Zumba tonight though since I don't have my bible study tonight.

Today the newest blog recipe went out. I made the old Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa cobbler recipe from when I was a kid but managed to get it down to 95 calories and 4 grams of sugar without sacrificing all of the flavor. https://pamperedlinny.wixsite.com/coffee-required/post/cuppa-cuppa-cuppa-without-a-cup-of-sugar
    yywzy9x57o9h.jpg

Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day and National Mashed Potato Day but I'm going to try and avoid those for today. McDonald's also brings back Boo Buckets today so I'm likely heading out to McD's at some point today and hoping I'm not too late and they aren't sold out when I get there. I just want one Boo Bucket so I can feel nostalgic.
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread—it's so supportive. My apologies for not posting more frequently.

9/11/22: 253 (SW)
    10/1/22: 246
    10/18/22: 243.6 (= -2.4 lb this month)

We have half the month to go, so let's do it!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning!

Zumba kicked my butt last night so I'm glad I went. I needed to get moving.

This morning I didn't get my walk in because my daughter had a "hair emergency" and nearly missed the school bus. Everything I do before the bus arrives had to be done afterwards instead. Boo! However, my daughter also picked a recipe from a new cookbook and so it's in the slow cooker now. Hungry Girl's Simply Comfort Cookbook has a recipe for Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin. Hopefully it turns out good because we have a busy night and won't have time to make anything else.

Tonight we have my daughter's dentist appointment at 4pm, a trunk or treat with fall fair at a local church at 5:30 (not our church but we know a ton of people that go there) and her volleyball practice at 6:30. My husband is going to pick her up in the car line so hopefully she'll be home about 3 or 3:15 and will just have to eat early an quickly so we can get out the door on time.

I'm going to plan on hitting the eliptical or something in the gym while she's at volleyball. Since we'll be at the YMCA and my husband will also be on site watching her practice I really need to make up for this morning's missed workout by getting some movement in myself.

Hope you all have an amazing day!!!

@IsETHome Your pumpkin looks fantastic! I’ve given up trying my hand at gardening. I wish I could be good at growing things and happy about weeding my garden but it’s just not me. Instead I just offer to take extra goodies off anyones hands I do know that grows things.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 - I feel your pain. You sound sad, and I understand. Since my spouse died last year I've had to take care of everything and I'm angry and some days I feel like 'what's the point'. Hold on for now- stay the course. Better days are ahead for us. Do you have a friend to talk to or a therapist? Are you getting out? It's too easy to stay isolated. Go get a coffee, go to the bookstore, stop by a church- whatever makes you feel better. Sending hugs- you deserve them. 💕
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 - remember that you've lost 130 lb! I've lost 35 for past few years, but this year only 15. I feel stuck but hoping to get my head in a better place. So your progress is awesome!