Grams needed per day

Options
I’m not new, but haven’t introduced myself. I’m not being very successful, so I need to be a part of the community. Right now I need to know my limits of sugar, fat, protein, and carbs for each day. I’m ready to lose!
Thank you!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I’m not new, but haven’t introduced myself. I’m not being very successful, so I need to be a part of the community. Right now I need to know my limits of sugar, fat, protein, and carbs for each day. I’m ready to lose!
    Thank you!

Just go with the MFP defaults...the calculator will calculate all of that for you. There is no universally optimal macro ratio and they are for the most part individual and don't particularly matter for weight management. Calories are what matter for weight management. Macros come into play more when you're talking about physical performance, satiety, etc...and those are very individual things.
  • JDavidPugh
    JDavidPugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes typically the defaults are fine unless you have special needs like diabetes or other that would make you want to modify the norms.......
    I am Type 1 diabetic so I trim my carbs 5%, up my protein 5%, try my best to eliminate sugars altogether, and try to keep a lot of fiber in my diet.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    MFP settings can be fine, but I adjusted mine for personal taste - I'm not a big carb eater but I love protein, so I set to 40% protein, and 30/30 carbs and fat. Having to hit the 50% carbs that MFP set made me miserable.