OPTAvia

Options
I am about to start a program called OPTAvia. Does anyone have any experience/opinions about this program? I have about 60 pounds to lose, and am currently taking meds for Type 2 Diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol.

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Use it for a jump start. Use it for an occasional crutch. But how can you even think about eating like that for the rest of your life? Start now thinking about forever. Then do what you need to do.
  • Skis4Fun2
    Skis4Fun2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using OPTAvia since April 2022 and am down 50+ pounds, almost to my weight goal, and preparing to transition. It is a somewhat complex plan, but the tools have been provided for long term maintenance and not to gain back the weight. If done properly (I know many people that have lost weight but did not continue through the phases to eat healthy for life) weight loss is able to be maintained. I have a supportive coach as well as other supportive people that have assisted me in my weight loss journey. However, I also know people that have not had that and no, it will not be successful. My endocrinologist has also been very supportive, but encouraged the portion people leave out: learning to live a more healthy lifestyle by way of overall diet and exercise. I do not get hungry, and most don't if they do the plan properly, as well has have a supportive coach. Good luck to you!