Is it really worth it?

Options
I'm new here but I will tell you guys what is happening to me in the last week when I really start dieting ...

I use to spend between 30 to 60 dollar a day on food ... some time more than that !!!

Now I only spend 40 to 60 dollar a weak buying healthy food ...

Sine I started dieting, I feel frustrated all the time especially at night before I go to bed, and sometime I just want this nightmare to get over...

However, when I wake up in the morning and I found out that I lost more than 1/2 Ib everyday sine I started dieting ...

trust me when I say YES IT'S REALLY WORTH IT...

Replies

• theradiantbride
    Options
    You're so right! It really is worth it. All the struggles will be worth it when you can see the results and know that you're doing something so amazing for yourself. :)
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    30 to 60 dollars a day!!!!!???? WOW

PS Keep up the good work!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I wanna know where you can get a weeks worth of healthy food for $40-$60! :-)
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Good for you sticking with it even when it's hard!
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    It is really worth it! You feel so much better knowing you are losing weight. Way to go on losing some weight. Every little bit counts :)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Nice motivation!
  • big_daddy_d
    Options
    Thank u guys ...

my old days I did not like to make my own food so I will tell you my average meals in the day

breakfast 2 egg burritos + Mexican tall soda = 8$

dinner large fast food meal and another burger a side = 13$

lunch either steak or Joe craps = 20$

snack = crap I buy from any gas station ( 2 ice cream, chocolate, and etc ) = 10 $

don't forget star box, smoothy, and etc ...
  • big_daddy_d
    Options
    I have a class right now but I have a diet that I use to do when I played Judo six years ago ...

it's in Arabic but I will translate it for u guys and u can find all the food from walmart
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

Not too far-fetched for me... Husband and I both eat healthy and spent between $80 to $100 a week for the two of us. :-)
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    ugh, i used to spend so much too- bingeing on fast food and pastries adds up quick :/ since i started eating well, i'll spend a little over 100 every time i get groceries, and they last for 2 weeks :D totally worth it financially regardless of the weight loss!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If it were just me, I could easily live on $40 - $60 per week while eating a healthy, vegetable- and protein-filled low carb diet. If you're eating smaller portions, and making food yourself, it's a lot less expensive than one might imagine, especially if you buy at places like Costco.
  • satikat
    Options
    I doubt I spend much more than the OP...

I frequent farmer's markets and local butchers. I use the grocery store for my staples (like rice and pasta, canned tuna, peanut butter, bananas).

I do not cook "extra" or make enough for leftovers. I cook exactly how much I need for two people (me and my SO). That means a lot of portion control- but since it's all done before I cook it's super easy.
  • tangal88
    Options
    Keep up the good work, best of luck reaching your goals. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. :)