I'm new :)

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
Hello everyone!

I just started using MFP about a week ago!
I appreciate all of the recipe postings!

I am trying to find a "diet" that works well, because I have a lot of weight to lose, :grumble: and I have a rough time sticking to diets and excercise.

I have recently bought a wii and wii fit, and since I have a very sedentary lifestyle, an hour on that really exhausts me! lol :laugh:

I just figured it was time to post :flowerforyou:

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• dmmarie21
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I just started using MFP about a week ago!
    I appreciate all of the recipe postings!

I am trying to find a "diet" that works well, because I have a lot of weight to lose, :grumble: and I have a rough time sticking to diets and excercise.

I have recently bought a wii and wii fit, and since I have a very sedentary lifestyle, an hour on that really exhausts me! lol :laugh:

I just figured it was time to post :flowerforyou:

Thanks everyone!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a "diet" as much as a lifestyle change! I know it sounds a bit on the cheesy side, but that's really how you have to tackle it. You need to make changes that you can stick to, otherwise the weight is just going to find its way back, kwim?

Anyways, welcome to the boards! Sounds like you are moving in the right direction with the Wii & the Wii Fit! Even just jumping around boxing my husband on the Wii gets my heart a thumpin'! :laugh:

Good luck to you! :drinker:
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Thank you :bigsmile:

Yea, I have found that the hula hoop excercise on the fit is exhausting! And I have unlocked this free step game, where you do step for 10 minutes, I did almost 1000 steps yesterday in ten minutes! Probably not the greatest, but it got ME motivated.... especially since you can watch tv at the same time and you just follow the beat on the controller :glasses:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Thank you so much! I do love the site...
    I am just having a hard time calculating calories burned since I don't have a HRM right now.

But, everyone is very supportive and encouraging :blushing:

Thanks again :bigsmile: