PHD Diet Whey

Options
Has anybody used this when doing weights and fitness to improve performance or would it be counter productive?

Replies

• jw258
    jw258 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'd also like to know people's experience of the lean degree product also by phd
  • jw258
    Options
    Well seeing as nobody can help I'll take one for the team an get on them both.

My order came yesterday.

The shake tastes ok. I made it with too much water as I was talking whilst mixing but it tasted fine and the consistency was good. I didn't thing it was too thin or slimy. I mixed using a whisk ball bottle.

I took a lean degree this morning when I woke up. I don't feel any more alert than having an espresso, if anything I feel relaxed.
  • martinh78
    Options
    Just seen this.

I've been using PHD Diet Whey for 7 weeks now and love it. I have Optimus Protein Whey Isolate and it tastes vial. The PHD stuff is really nice, has a good consistancy. It will have a few "bits" in it as they are flax seeds, so it never blends totally smooth. As I say, I think it tastes great and I enjoy drinking it.

I started out by drinking it after a workout, sometimes for breakfast or a meal replacement/snack. As it is slow release protein though I have found taking it before bed is good to help you wake without sore muscles. Only problem is it does wake me up a bit so best drink a couple of hours before bed.

Does it work? YES! For sure. I'm 100% convinced that it does. I have put on muscle and lost body fat, I know my diet and exercise has a lot to do with it, but as a way of getting extra protein the Diet Whey is tastey and simple. I thought it was expensive, hence trying the Optimus stuff 30% cheaper, but actually for the taste and cals/protein ratio it's not too expensive. £1 a drink compared to 70p a drink.

I now take the Optimus Protein right after a workout (as it is absorbed super fast) and the PHD Diet Whey on the evening. I am working away next week where breaks and meals are infrequent, so I'll probably have it for breakfast instead of the evening.

Not tried Lean Degree. Would be interested to hear your thoughts in a few weeks.
  • jw258
    Options
    Just seen this.

I've been using PHD Diet Whey for 7 weeks now and love it. I have Optimus Protein Whey Isolate and it tastes vial. The PHD stuff is really nice, has a good consistancy. It will have a few "bits" in it as they are flax seeds, so it never blends totally smooth. As I say, I think it tastes great and I enjoy drinking it.

I started out by drinking it after a workout, sometimes for breakfast or a meal replacement/snack. As it is slow release protein though I have found taking it before bed is good to help you wake without sore muscles. Only problem is it does wake me up a bit so best drink a couple of hours before bed.

Does it work? YES! For sure. I'm 100% convinced that it does. I have put on muscle and lost body fat, I know my diet and exercise has a lot to do with it, but as a way of getting extra protein the Diet Whey is tastey and simple. I thought it was expensive, hence trying the Optimus stuff 30% cheaper, but actually for the taste and cals/protein ratio it's not too expensive. £1 a drink compared to 70p a drink.

I now take the Optimus Protein right after a workout (as it is absorbed super fast) and the PHD Diet Whey on the evening. I am working away next week where breaks and meals are infrequent, so I'll probably have it for breakfast instead of the evening.

Not tried Lean Degree. Would be interested to hear your thoughts in a few weeks.

My initial thoughts on the lean degree after 5 days of it are:

With breakfast, no burst/rush from the caffiene, I get much more of a kick from an espresso, i'm not sure if its me enjoying my job a little more this week, but I feel more focused, as in energised and stable rather than being achey then picked up after a coffee then crashing.

Before the gym: I'm not sure how quick this is supposed to kick in. I did manage a 5k run on the treadmill, little bit quicker than usual and I didn't feel half as shattered as I did a couple of weeks ago. As you mentioned with the Diet whey, I know a lot of this will be down to my interval training and recent change in weight plan to include squats.

I'll keep this updated maybe weekly with weight etc.

Please check out my diet and exercises and give me tips if you like.

As for the cost of the shakes, I too think they are decent value, the consistency isn't bad at all, the gf even said it was better than she thought and asked if it were me that had finished the milk off, so thats a good sign considering I make with water.
  • jw258
    Options
    Going to do a whey in later, couldnt help myself...

had a day off the gym and lean degree yesterday. Going to go to the twice daily two pill dosage today.
  • jw258
    Options
    Lean degree: after two weeks, one week being on a full dosage, i'm finding that I am happy to run 5k and am running it faster day by day. I started free weights around the same time as taking lean degree and am already finding that I am working with 16kg dumbbells for chest work outs, less for shoulders as I don't give them enough attention atm, and 30kg barbells.

The diet whey is still going nicely. I've found a new way to mix it which results in a better shake, add a small amount of water and allow the whisk ball to grab all of the mix, then slowly add water, shake, add water and shake. Gives a much nicer blend.

I'm going to have a go at making some protein icecream later