Pedometer Tracking???

Options
Hey MFP! Does anyone use a pedometer? If so, how do you track your steps in MFP?

Replies

• TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I tried pedometers but none of the cheapy models I could afford ever tracked my steps anywhere near accurate. Maybe it's because my legs are so short, I don't know.

Does yours seem accurate?

I don't know how to measure walking on here except for time...so sorry I can't help.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, there are some apps out there you could use.
  • chovam
    Options
    about 6235 steps is 3 miles which at a good pace like 3.0 it burns 329.7 calories
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The number of steps per mile will depend on your stride so the 6235 mentioned above may not be accurate for everyone. You could log them under walking on the cardio, pretty low level but it's still movement. If you know the pace then you can use that to enter the steps.
  • LorianBrianna
    LorianBrianna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been using an app called Accupedo which seems pretty accurate. The only bad thing for me is that my work building has really bad reception and I must listen to Pandora while working so I do not carry the phone with me while I'm moving around or I have trouble getting Pandora to work. So I'm still at a loss. Thanks for all the replies.