Yogurt

Options
I have a question regarding yogurts. I like to keep the sugar's in my diet low; so wondering what kind is the best to eat. I presently eat Yoptimal (Yoplait)(2 probiotics) peach & mango-Calories are 120 for 125g serving. Fat is 3g, cholesterol 10mg,sodium 60mg,sugar 16g. Is this decent numbers?
Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts on

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Try plain yogurt and add your own fruit. 16 grams of sugar is quite a bit for one serving.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I eat "So Good" Coconut milk yogurt. No dairy, low in sugar and high in fiber. And only 100 calories.
  • Gennawest
    Options
    I like yogurt, but I wont eat it bc of the sugar. to me, 16 grams is a lot. I would rather have a latte from starbucks or something.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I eat Chobani Plain greek yogurt. 100 calories, 7g of sugar and 18g of protein
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like Prairie Farms light fat free. 90 calories, 15g carbs, 3g fiber, 14g sugar and 6g protein.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Try plain, fat-free Greek yogurt and as the previous poster said, add your own fruit. Greek yogurt is very high in protein (some as high as 20 grams per serving) so it will keep you full longer. And it's surprising how fast one can get used to the plain, fat-free variety. That's all I eat now and I can't stand the flavored kind anymore.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek yogurt with my own fruit and vanilla whey protein powder. I also use Fage in place of sour cream because it's so thick and creamy, wth just enough tang. Greek yogurts vary a lot in quality, so brand does matter.
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I cut yogurt out of my diet. I love it, but the sugar is way too high.
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    I'm slowly trying to switch over to plain yogurt, but alas I'm struggling with the flavor. I'm working at a couple of different brands (tried Fage with honey, not quite there yet) and I bought a couple of Chobani yesterday. I'm not a huuuge yogurt fan to begin with but I need more sources of protein since I hardly eat meat.
  • YaredPadilla
    Options
    my dietician said eating yogurt is horrible if your counting calories and keeping track of sugar intake. eating one little yoplait strawberry/bannana flavored is just as much as drinking 1 can of soda... I had no clue about that till recently. i always thought eating yogurt was a good and healthy snack but apparently not if your trying to lose weight. dont eat it. go for plain yogurt and add your own fruit :)
  • BeSkinnyBeStrong
    Options
    I always eat the Danone Silhouette 0+ Fat Free Vanilla yogurt. Per 100g, it has 35 calories, 6g of Carbs, 3g of Sugar and 3g of protein. Almost all their flavours, if not all, have 35 calories and 3g of Sugar.
  • svetlana_vs
    Options
    I try to stick only to plain yogurt. My almost daily breakfast is 25-28 g. muesli with 200 g of 1.5% Yoplait plain. Is healthy and nourishing. Flavored yogurts have too much sugar and too many calories. If I want it sweet, I take it with honey.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Well, plain has the least amount of sugar of course. But when I need to grab something, I get Athenos brand greek yogurt. The blueberry flavor has 100 cals, 9 grams sugar (not HFCS), 11 grams protein. I don't eat it everyday, but it works fine for my purposes.