Pretzels, Pecans, and ROLOS! Oh My!

Options
OK, I'm not one to post much...especially recipes... :) BUT I do have one recipe worth sharing. With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, my friends and family always have lots of get togethers with lots of yummy food. So, this is what I will be taking with me....

I call them Turtles...you can call them what you want.. :)

-Miniature pretzels (the square kind work best)
-Rolos
-Pecans

Simply lay out the pretzels on a baking tray, place one rolo on each one and then 1/2 pecan on top of each rolo....them place in oven for about 4-6 minutes...just to let the rolos melt. When you get them out of the oven, just push the pecan down to smoosh (sp?) the rolo down into the pretzel. Let them cool and ENJOY!

43 Calories per turtle OR if you are like me and can pass on the pecan...33 calories each.

Thanks!

Replies

• chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Bump! :smile:
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My family loves them!
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I made these last Christmas and they were delicious! Thanks for reminding me about them!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Made these 5 years ago for Christmas and they are delicious but I do better with a cake in front of me. I can pass the cake. I can't those candies!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to make these....they sound so good. Do you put parchment on the baking sheet, so the candy doesn't stick?
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sounds too good to be true, but I choose to believe it.

thanks
    Phil
  • tashacan
    Options
    I was just sitting here thinking about them and thought they probably couldn't be that bad in calories so I added them up...This will so be my "go to" snack for the holidays! :)
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going to have to try those! They sound delicious!
  • tashacan
    Options
    I am definitely going to make these....they sound so good. Do you put parchment on the baking sheet, so the candy doesn't stick?

That would probably be a good idea! :) They don't stick that bad but it would help with what little they do stick.
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump, that sounds really good!!! Thank you!
  • peekabeaux
    Options
    They sound yummy, they sound easy, they sound like a winner to me. :smile:
  • cmthgrimes
    cmthgrimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    These are awesome! I will definitely need them to stay away from the other desserts.
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What agreat idea. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Trishintraining
    Options
    That sounds... amazing. Thank you!
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can also get small round pretzels, put a Hershey's kiss in the center and warm until melted. I believe it's around 30-32 calories each depending on what flavor kiss and what brand pretzel! Also, a pretzel with a mini pb cup is good, but more calories (about 50).
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yum, sounds delish!! Thanks for posting!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KarenPopoff
    KarenPopoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!