Here's some healthy, filling SNACKS on the go!

Hello MFP! Hope everyone is having a great day so far. So i'd like to share a few snacks on the go for those who are wondering what's good, on the healthy side & what's a bit filling too!

Try..

- Sargento Light String Cheese! 1 stick is only 50 cals, 1 carb, 6g protein, 0 sugar & 160 sodium.
- Trader Joes raw almonds - or any raw almonds!! Reaaally filling!
- Think Thin bars!! 20g of protein & 0 sugar!
- Fage 0% greek yogurt! Add some fruits or granola = deelish!
- Trader Joes - my fav - raw almond butter. Goes great with toast but for an on the go snack I always put parts of a table spoon on apple slices!
- Multigrain Pita Bite Crackers w/ Whole Wheat & Flax Seed. 8 crackers are about 140 cals I believe.
- Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges - 35 cals per wedge & great with ^^ crackers
- Spinach. I can eat these like chips SOMETIMES lol.. not so filling but definitely healthy!

If you have any snacks that are filling - healthy & haven't bothered with progress towards weight loss.. feel free to share :)

Replies

• thanks for the snacks! i wanna try the think thin bars cause with 0 sugar thats awesome:)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    i just bought a bag of whole almonds last night to munch on at my desk (in moderation of course) Man, filling aint the word for it!!!
  • coffeefreak88
    coffeefreak88 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm doing a low carb diet but today i was dying for something with carbs and chocolate :) I made a 100 cal bag of kettle corn and sprinkled cocoa powder and cinnamon on it. DELICIOUS!!!!!
  • robyn525
    robyn525 Posts: 24 Member
    I have been eatting sugar free jello puddings that are very tasty.

One kind is creme brulee rice pudding. Another too are caramel creme mouse and chocolate creme mousee.
  • -Pickled Armenian peppers are delicious. I know you're supposed to put them on a salad or a sandwich, but they taste so good. They have this crunch, and I can't stop raving about it.
    -I really love Better 'n Peanut Butter with a banana
    -I usually make a huge salad for the week and if I have too ingredient, I'll pack cucumbers, carrots, celery, etc. separately and dip them in guacamole and hummus.
    -I use coconut water as a snack at times, usually an hour or so before a heavy workout. It actually fills me up and tastes really good.
    -Multi-grain saltines from Nabisco are great with peanut butter, a banana, and an apple.
    -I like to make my own Cheez-its by cutting up cheddar cheese in bite size slices and simply putting them in the oven. I'm sure you could do that with string cheese and make them into crunchy cheese strips. So good.