Can’t fall asleep

Options
2»

Replies

• serpentegena
    serpentegena Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I saw someone else’s post and I can relate. I can’t fall asleep . I take melatonin and it’s not working ? Any advice besides watch nature stuff, meditation music etc cause I’ve tried it all . Please help … sleepless in Riverside ….

Just wondering, what do you do right before bed? Are you on your phone or watching any screen/tablet/TV/PC? Because those are the worst offenders for sleep disturbances.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a nice cup of hot tea! I like sleepy time tea "Another short-term randomized control trial of 40 healthy adults, published in 2013, found that those who drank a sleep tea daily (with standardized extracts of valerian root and passionflower) for one week reported better sleep quality than those who did not drink the tea.Feb 23, 2022"
    OR
    Chamomile tea. "What is the best time to drink chamomile tea? If you want to take advantage of chamomile's sleep-inducing benefits, it's recommended that you drink your chamomile tea for about 45 minutes before going to bed. This allows your body plenty of time to metabolize the chemical compounds that make chamomile an effective sleep aid.Jun 1, 2021"
  • janerudrani
    janerudrani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most people don't know this exists, so I try to tell everyone who even slightly might be interested. The American Psychology Association has a website that outlines what the research tells us are the most effective treatments for common mental health disorders, including insomnia. They then link to treatment manuals (typically used by well-trained psychologists), as well as research-based self-help books, and research articles. I'm linking to the insomnia page here: https://div12.org/treatment/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-for-insomnia/#treatment-manuals
  • mareslydia
    mareslydia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Find a local Apothecary and have them blend a tea for you based on your needs. Try CBD? I have sleep headphones and do breathing techniques, meditation or a sleep story. Other than those, the good ol' head doctor has me on stuff to put me out.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Light exercise? I started back at working out and at night l go on the treadmill for about 10 minutes. I sleep better.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Ever since I've been old enough to read I've "shut my brain off" by reading myself to sleep. When I was too young to read, one of my parents would read me to sleep.

Falling asleep isn't a problem, but staying asleep can be if I am not strictly on point with my sleep hygiene, which includes many of the things already listed. I LOVE my weighted blanket!