Disappointed in myself................

Options
Ugh !! I can't believe I am here starting all over again !! I was 205 about a year and a half ago, a year ago, I was down to 175 and doing great. watching what I ate, working out, going to the gym....etc. Then I moved into my last house.... I pinched a nerve in my back and was pretty much out of commission for a long time. I couldn't even walk the treadmill !! Here I am now back up to 197 !!!! We just moved into our first house ( YAH!! ) My back is better and I need to get back to work !!! Just so frustrating to be practically starting all over again ! :(

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Starting over, try to do even better this time! Think how good it'll feel when you beat what you did last time! :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    The good news is...............that you can. The bad news is..........................you have no excuse now. BUCK UP and get it done.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Now don't ever stop. I have lost all the weight I wanted over 6 months ago and still log on everyday. :drinker:
  • debydeb57
    Options
    i hear ya honey.... but we are proud of you cause we know you can do this.... you did it before and circumstances prevented you from continuing your journey for awhile..but your back.. and better than ever.. huggs
  • KiteGirl83
    Options
    I did the same thing this last year. Got down to 155, and then had to start again at 180. I'm going down steadily now, and when I get to where I want to be I'm donating all my bigger clothes. When I go to eat something I don't need or don't want to exercise, I'll think...I can't do that! I won' t have anything to wear! Haha.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Ugh !! I can't believe I am here starting all over again !! I was 205 about a year and a half ago, a year ago, I was down to 175 and doing great. watching what I ate, working out, going to the gym....etc. Then I moved into my last house.... I pinched a nerve in my back and was pretty much out of commission for a long time. I couldn't even walk the treadmill !! Here I am now back up to 197 !!!! We just moved into our first house ( YAH!! ) My back is better and I need to get back to work !!! Just so frustrating to be practically starting all over again ! :(

You've already proved to yourself you can do it. Now just do it again! :)
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im starting over again too after getting pregnant so I feel your pain! Ive been telling myself that if I did it once I know I can do it again, but this time Im going to do it better. And if I can do it again, then I know i can keep it off! Good luck to you!
  • Kickinthehabit
    Options
    Same....exactly. I Was kickboxing, my body was tight. I was watching what I ate. Then a car accident. Fractured vertebrae and whiplash. I ate to comfort myself and I couldn't exercise. I'm mad at myself. I couldn't help the accident, but I didn't have to eat like I did. I just didn't care. Now I do!

Even though I am still in pain, I went back to kickboxing. I joined mfp and I have kept my calories in check for ten days! I am hopeful that I can do this ....again. It's frustrating, but we have to do it. And we can! We did it before.
  • JConstine
    Options
    Oh gosh, the same thing happened to me. I went from 164 to 206. :( It sucks, but I'm sure you can do it and regain your health! Glad to hear you recovered from your injury.
  • Lkbaker
    Lkbaker Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and inspiring words and love. I can't wait to start again tomorrow morning. :-) I CAN do this....
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    Don't be disappointed because you're doing this again...disappointing yourself would be if you said you can't do this again, and never tried to get back to healthier! Be proud of yourself for acknowledging that this needs to be done, and be determined to do it again!