Which diets have you tried?

Options
Nothing beats just healthy, clean eating and exercise, of course. But, the journey towards that is littered with quick fix fantasies!

So, which diets have you tried on your way here (or are trying!)?

Me:

Paleo
South Beach
Weight Watchers
Slim Fast
Special K
Cabbage Soup
Master Cleanse
Gracie Diet

I've also taken a variety of diet pills, drank magical teas and have eaten my fair share of meal replacement bars.

What about you?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    This is the first and last thing I have or will ever do. :drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    never tried a diet before
  • barbinbmore
    barbinbmore Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried Atkins and weight watchers.
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    Weight watchers. Lighter Life (successfully) and now this to lose the last bit (help maintain)
  • Liliswen
    Options
    I have tried many, but for the most part I have followed Weight Watchers for 25 years. WW isn't really a diet, but a lifestyle, kinda like this website, which is what I like about it. You find healthy solutions that work for you and you stick to them. I also like the support and the accountability.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    TOO MANY!!! lol, but out of the many, I've tried nutrisystem, weight watchers, south beach, special k, grapefruit diet, fasting... the list goes on and on... sooo happy to be done with that all! :D
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    pretty sure the only ones I haven't tried are Medi-fast, HCG, and the paleo you mentioned. Haven't heard of that one before now. There are probably some I haven't tried simply because I haven't heard about them. I have tried all on your list except the aforementioned "paleo" and many others as well. Ditto on the diet pills, magical teas, and meal replacement bars and shakes. Just couldn't seem to continue with the shakes. I need something I can chew!! LOL! Had to finally realize that the fads just won't do the trick. Hopefully, this plan will help. Good luck with your weight loss adventures everyone.: )
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I mainly have done Atkins, though a couple times I did the 48 Hour Hollywood "Miracle Diet" to give me a boost before I started Atkins, lol :P
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Atkins and see food diets.
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    I am currently doing slim fast, and thus far happy with the results, I have lost almost 10lbs in a little over two weeks!

Other things I have tried, well just cutting back without any type of exercise....well that does not work...LOL.

The most recent before the slim fast was juicing, it didn't last more than a day as it made me sick to not eat or drink anything but juice.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just the "don't eat so much crap" diet.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Diet pills - they made me a psycho b!tich
    Slimfast - if you drink slimfast as a dessert after your meal, you'll gain, just sayin'
    Atkins - my exH was into fad diets, and actually lost a lot on Atkins. Gained it all back with him
    WW - this actually worked. It's basically MFP you pay for, with more math

... now that I don't have that stupid ex around getting in the way, I'm having great success with MFP. Thank the fat baby jesus.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I've never been on a diet. You sound experienced, though!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've never been a Bandwagon Kinda Girl...I see a fad, I run the other way. The only other "diet" I've tried was the TrueStar system...I fell for the whole lifestyle line they went on about. I guess it could be considered a lifestyle if you're masochist, but I don't know anyone who could eat like that for their life. It wasn't a bad program, but in the end...a diet, not a lifestyle.

I REFUSE to yoyo over quick fixes.

This is only my 2nd try...no special foods, no expensive vitamins, just common sense.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've never dieted.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    bit of primal and bit of IIFYM
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The only diet I ever go on is a simple calorie controlled diet, that's all. And once I get into the swing of it, the weight just falls off. (My wife hates me for it :) )
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I only tried the Flat Belly Diet, which worked, I was just too lazy to stick with it. I lost 8lbs the first week. After a while I realized I can control my eating way better when I add exercise. So I'm sure if I did it again, it would work. I was eating the same calories as MFP has given me and I try to eat the same foods they recommend in the book (MUFAS). I never tired any of those quick fix pills, etc. My friend did and it messed with her thyroid and she gained a lot when she stopped. And it made her feel weird. No thanks, I'd rather be fat than screw up my body with those things that you don't even know what's in them.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    This is the first and last thing I have or will ever do. :drinker:
    Me too!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    WW..........Gloria Marshall......Shake diets.........Jenny Craig...........

I tried weight watches, again, early this year but couldn't get the hang of counting the points.......MFP is so much easier..........