Good Snack Suggestions...

Options
Hello All..First of let me start by saying this website is so great! I just joined and never have been apart of on online group with so much support and NO negativity! Just a bunch of awesome people helping eachother live a healthy active lifestyle :D

ANYWHO,

I need some healthy alt snack suggestions.... i'm in LOVE my fresh fruit and veggie snacks...Red bell peppers are my fav! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHIPS but i have completly cut them out of my diet...so i need some suggestions/input on what ur fav snacks are! I'm tired of almonds.... but deff need something new for my 11'oclock and 2 oclock snacks!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :heart: low fat popcorn. The whole bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is granny smith apple slices with natural peanut butter. Yummy!
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    if you can spare the calories (200-210), I treat myself to a Balance Bar a couple times a week :) (nice protein and hey we do need SOME carbs!)

(these bars are not gonna work for you if you are doing low-carb)
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    :heart: low fat popcorn. The whole bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree if chips was your thing low fat popcorn is a great replacement.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    High protein is great for late day snacks. How about a couple hard boiled eggs or a greek yogurt?
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is granny smith apple slices with natural peanut butter. Yummy!

this sounds so good!
  • daves160
    Options
    Here are what I eat for snacks; (1 serving)

Clif builders bar
    hard boiled egg
    yogurt
    cottage cheese
    grapes
    string cheese
    apple
    banana
    orange
    tangerines
    berries
    trailmix
    almonds
    walnuts
    pecans
  • mandi_2007_b
    Options
    I love apples, and 100 cal snack packs (yummy) yogurt, and I love cottage cheese
  • allybub
    Options
    dry bran flakes and a nice cup of tea, i have this at my desk at work eat the bran flakes like crisps, and before bed. Good low fat option.
  • km5dx
    km5dx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa (or queso) is one of my downfalls....

Sunchips aren't too bad as chips go... Pretzels too... Some of the Baked Lays are good too... Buy the individual bags if you are like me and have trouble walking away from an open bag of chips...

I also like fresh or frozen Grapes, Blueberries, Blackberries

Cocoa roasted Almonds or spicy almonds / peanuts...

The Fiber One 90 cal brownies are also good

Popcorn is good but like chips I tend too over do that...
  • growingupcreepy
    Options
    Vive Choc chip cookies, you get them in individual packs of 8 and there are only 132 (or so) calories per packet - great if you feel like something sweet.
    Rice cakes with philly cheese, roma tomato or alfalfa, sprinkled with sea salt & cracked pepper with a drizzle of balsamic dressing - about 120 - 140 calories.
    Vita Weat grain snacks, they come in individual packs of 10 and are less than 100 cals per packet. You can dip them in tzaiki, greek yogurt or hommus for extra flavour, even throw in Celery & carrot sticks, grape tomatoes with some light shaved ham and it's a healthy snack that is no more than 150 calories.
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Check out my cheesy garlic dip from my recipes. I just had it with fresh veggies and it is amazing!

Makes big servings for about 43 calories.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A new twist on hummus, love this one from Women's Health:
    Half a head of Belgian endive, 1/4 cup hummus, 5 olives. Break off the leaves and dip in hummus. REALLY good.

From Self:
    A good twist on apple (and I suggest investing in a little corer-slicer device, like from OXO, if you don't already have one):
    small sliced apple dipped in:
    1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt mixed with 1 tsp peanut butter, 1 tsp maple syrup or honey, and sprinkle cinnamon

A GREAT one for if you're starving - again from Women's Health:
    2 Wasa Light Rye crackers (one serving) spread with 1 Tbsp dijon (total amount - divided between crackers) and topped with 2 oz roast turkey (about 2 thin slices).

These are my faves right now...
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Each of the snacks I posted is a maximum of 150 calories, more likely 130.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I get bored with food very easily, so I try to keep a variety of snacks around. My favorites are hard boiled eggs, organic trail mix, fiber one 90 cal brownies (yum!), bananas, and my all time favorite, lightly toasted wheat pita with red pepper hummus. I'm a carb craver haha.
  • brit7880
    brit7880 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    String cheese, kettle corn popcorn, granola bars
  • lindabugperez
    Options
    I have major chocolate cravings, and rather than completely cutting out chocolate, I eat the Trader Joe's 100 cal Swiss Chocolate bars. They are fantastic - they have both milk and dark chocolate (70% cocoa) and they are just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

For salty/sweet snacks I get Trader Joes "Simply almonds, Cashews and Mango" trek mix.

Fresh Pineapple is also a great way to hold you over until the next meal or to eat as a dessert.

I also eat (can you tell I love Trader Joe's) TJ's pita crackers (multigrain) and add thin slices of cucumber (Persian cucumber or hot house) and thin slices of cheddar cheese.
  • gunnroadapartments
    Options
    thank you all for these great suggestions!

yes yes and yes!
    love hummus and fresh veggies-
    LOVE LOVE LOVE fiber 1 brownies,
    i will deff have to try some more of these!!!!

Its hard switching up snacks.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS

and keep em' coming!
  • yogabebe
    Options
    baby carrots with chipotle hummus

greek yogurt with fruits, nuts, oats

cottage cheese with 1 tbsp peanut butter and sliced bananas for a treat!

non fat yogurt

protein bars

ceviche!

:)