Newbie!

Options
Hi everyone...new to this , so just finding my way around it ...Need to be healthier, few medical issues arising , as well as the menopause!!...🙄

Also new to single life after 26 years ...need to get this comfort eating under control !

So hopefully this site will be a good start ..🙏💪👍.

Replies

• vickiemcdonald72
    vickiemcdonald72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Big hugs, take each day one step at a time. Celebrate your successes and forgive yourself if you have a tough day. You got this x
  • aliza310721
    aliza310721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much ! One day at a time !🤗👍x
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! You can get this on track, and MFP can definitely be a useful tool, for those it suits.

For me, weight loss was key to reversing some medical issues (high blood pressure, high cholesterol) and improving others (frequency/severity of arthritis pain and that sort of thing), and it just generally improved my overall sense of well-being. I'm not sure what that was about: Maybe reduced systemic inflammation? Dunno, but I'll take it.

I started here at age 59, had been 20+ years in menopause at that point, and a similar number of years single (widowed when I was 42). There is no "too old" IMO, improvement is possible at any age/stage. I'm 66 now, still at a healthy weight, using MFP to stay there.

It's exciting that you're at the threshold of a new phase in your life, in several ways - so much potential.

Wishing you success!
  • 47qrp9vgt5
    47qrp9vgt5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hugs 🖤 Hoping to do some of the same!
  • pratorswife
    pratorswife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested this app. I am 47 and ready to feel better! Love hearing about the success many of you have had with this app!