jend114
jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
Links appreciated

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,512 Member
    Options
    The one that awaits me outside.

Seriously, we need more info. Do you need specific specs, have space restrictions at home, or a very high weight? How often do you think you'll use it? Incorporation from specific apps or screens?
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The best treadmill is the one you will use. It depends on what you are going to do with it also.

I am a huge fan of the NordicTrack line because I enjoy the IFIT programming. I have a NordicTrack treadmill that I’m going to replace with one with a bigger screen when this one dies. I have had mine for going on 4 years and I use it every day. Between my son and I, we use it probably 2 hours a day anyway. I do the hikes and walking tours on mine. My son (12) solely does walking tours on it, 2-3 of them a day because they are interesting. They automatically change the incline and speed as you go along which I appreciate the challenge of them changing it up.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Will you be just walking or jogging? Also depending on your current weight you have to know what the max weight is. I prefer a longer wider deck even now that I'm half the person of when I got mine. It is still my preference. I can speed up slow down hover to right and left...

I own the 2019 version of the #1 recommended on link below. I wish I would have gotten the nicer one, but I got what they had on hand as the GYM and stores were going on lock down.

https://www.treadmillreviews.net/best-treadmill/for-heavy-people/

Check out the site on a whole and whittle it down to your specific needs.

https://www.treadmillreviews.net/

For XMAS I will likely splurge and get a new $$ dollar one for the house. The Sole has served me well, but I want something hardier much like my 10+ year old Precor elliptical that still looks and works like its new. Incline on tread is pretty standard, but I want one with a decline feature as well.

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Planet Fitness close to you? As much as everybody loves to hate them if they'd been around when I bought my treadmill (A PaceMaster - company no longer exists) I probably would have saved my $$ and the space in the basement. Don't get me wrong my treadmill has served me very well and it is very convenient having it there to use whenever I want but the truth is that the vast majority of fitness equipment that people buy becomes expensive towel racks.