Protein shake recipes - No supplements

Options
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any good protein shake recipes without using the powder supplements
I have tried one and didnt like it and all the recipes online either dont sound so healthy or use a powder supplement

Anyone have any?

Replies

• goertzel
    Options
    My first thought was that you need something with a lot of protein to use as a base and greek yogurt came to mind. (I often eat Fage 2% for breakfast).

A quick search I found this - I haven't tried it - but it looked like a good place to start:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1461029

I would avoid the splenda... meal replacement?
  • wadeburger
    Options
    Yea I am always hungry so it was suggested to me. I shall def try that one!!!
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For my kids (Im a nanny) I make the following b4 their soccer games and for snacks

(Makes a whole blender full so you'll have to make adjustments)

1/2 bottle of bolthouse farms strawberry banana
    1 bottle of odwalla strawberry banana protein drink
    and/or 1 bottle special k strawberry protein drink
    1 bag frozen strawberries
    2 fresh bananas.

Blend

They love it and theyre the pickiest things ever. I dont know about the cals b/c thats now what theyre looking for...

Dont know if this'll help...
  • soifua
    Options
    I would make a peanut butter, banana smoothie - use frozen bananas (or fresh if you want), some milk, peanut butter and greek yogurt (plain or vanilla), sweeten to your liking. You can easily add some chocolate if you want a nice treat :) it's so yummy
  • xhaller
    Options
    Just about every morning, I make a smoothie and I have a piece of whole wheat toast with healthy peanut butter. Throw whatever fruit you like into the blender. Add a splash of some juice that is 100 percent juice (or you could use any kind of milk), then add a container of yogurt. That gives me about 18 grams of protein to start my day. I usually use a Stonyfield organic yogurt since the Greek tastes weird to me. I used to think breaking out the blender and washing it every morning was a huge hassle but now it's a staple in my routine. The smoothie and the PB toast leave me feeling fuller than I'd imagine I'd feel.
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    You could also blend egg white substitute with fruit or whatever else you like
  • wadeburger
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. I will definitely give some of these a try.

No bananas and peanut butter though (dont like them they smell weird to me)

I will just replace them with something else!!!