Must haves on Grocery List

Options
Getting ready to head to the good ol' grocery store in while,

what are your MUST haves on your list.....

I'm stockin up for a good two weeks, and got some cash to spend i would love your input on ideas....

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Almonds, eggs, oatmeal (I prefer steel cut oats), black beans (canned, diced tomatoes, frozen chicken breasts, a variety of frozen veggies, and bread.

I tend to get my fresh produce on the way home from work or during the day as needed.
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, whole grain crackers, chicken tenders, sweet potatoes, jello pudding, milk, cereal. (really that is my list- going tomorrow)
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Mixed frozen veggies! Something like a normandy blend. So easy to throw them in a pan, add some chicken broth(low sodium & another staple fave!) season with complementary seasonings to your meat or grain for the night and cover. When the liquid has reduced and the veggies softened, enjoy! I struggle sometimes to find yummy ways to add veggies into our diets but even my two year old eats these and I don't have to hide them in the pasta sauce or burger patty lol
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters
    Bananas
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Canned peaches in juice
    Fat free Vanilla frozen yogurt
    Extreme Cookies and Cream ice cream (turkey hill light)
    Pork tenderloin
    Chicken
    Bell peppers
    Onions
    Light bread
    english muffins (light)
    Yogurt (fat free)
    frozen veggies
    lunch meat (ham and turkey)
    Jenny-o Turkey burgers (the healthy ones!)
    ground beef (95% fat free)
    Skim Milk
    OJ
    Cabot Reduced Cheese
    sweet potatoes
  • rideout04
    Options
    Hello,
    My best friend is a personal trainer..so I am lucky enough to have someone with good healthy food ideas. Here are some of the things she has on a list of things to get at a grocery store. (These are mostly snack related..since I noticed you posted a question about snacks one day!)
    * Celery and peanut butter
    * Rice Cake with peanutbutter
    * Cheese Sticks
    * Nature Valley Granola Thins (in the granola bar section)
    * Fat Free Cottage Cheese
    * Greek Yogurt

Just a few ideas for you. Good luck!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    raw nuts
    almond milk
    whole wheat tortillas
    cucumbers
    barabara's cereals
    bulk section: beans!
    tortilla chips - blue corn yum ;)
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    quinoa, yams, mushrooms, chicken, blueberries... mmm...
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    apples
    bananas
    fresh greens
    carrots
    brown rice
    spaghetti squash
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    spinach and artichoke hummus and bagel thins are a must have on all of my grocery lists. I also love the laughing cow cheese wedges. I eat a lot of oatmeal too. Always have chicken and tilapia on the menu too.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheeses/Sargento Cheese Snacks
    El Monterray Cheese & Bean Burritos in the freezer section (I don't eat them often, but they disappear from my freezer quick)
    I always check the California Pizza Kitchen pizzas to see if they're on sale. They have some good thin crust options. Mmmm... thin crust.
    Tyson Grilled & Ready Diced Chicken Breast - I am very creative with this stuff for easy meal options.
    Hormel Turkey Pepperoni - Also another food component that I use creatively.
    Wraps? Flatbread? Whatever is available and looks good.

I think everyone else covered the rest of my shopping list.

Oh! Muffin mix. I make Martha White muffins for breakfast now and again. My favorite is the honey bran.
  • shtaylor
    Options
    spinach and artichoke hummus and bagel thins are a must have on all of my grocery lists. I also love the laughing cow cheese wedges. I eat a lot of oatmeal too. Always have chicken and tilapia on the menu too.

Ditto on the Laughing Cow cheese wedges, they can be used in so many different ways.
    V8 low sodium tomato juice 5.5 oz cans, great for a pick me up snack.
    Canadian bacon (Land of Frost) only 20 calories per slice, excellant for a sandwich, or breakfast
    Egg Beaters
    And of course fruits and veggies
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    -Kashi Go Lean Original cereal (amazing nutrition)
    -Silk Light Vanilla soymilk
    -Chobani no fat greek yogurt
    -BOCA Bruschetta and Parmesan Veggie Burgers
    -Romaine lettuce mix
    -Baby carrots
    -Apples
    -Bananas
    -Luna bars (cookies and cream!)
    -Almonds
    -Chickpeas
    -Broccoli
    -Chicken breast
    -Tomatoes
    -Grapes/Berries/Assorted fruits
  • gunnroadapartments
    Options
    im hungry now, better eat before i shop!

yes always greek yogurt
    -hummus
    -laughing cow is great on just about everything-esp since i love cheese
    -i deff wanna start cooking quinoa- my sister makes it all the time but i never do
    -fresh fruit and veggies
    -lemons/limes
    -turkey meat
    -eggs

im not a big milk drinker but ill get almond milk for my cereal
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I shop at Trader Joe's so you can check my food list for my faves. :)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Carton of Egg Whites, 2 kinds of fruit (Strawberries, canteloupe, bananas, orange or peaches), Morning Star veggie Sausage, protein H20 muscle milk brand, frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets with 2% reduced fat american sliced cheese, single servings of breaded chicken cordon bleu or broccoli cheese... those are my weekly purchases.

At Sam's Club I get the Chicken Sausage (Artisan fresh brand) this is the only brand that taste good! and coffee, cream and sweet n low there. Plus some talapia and chicken and Sargento Reduced fat string cheese.

... and that's about it!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH.. and how I could I forget the most important.. Ice cream. Skinny cow is the best for the size and calories, but the price is very high, so I try to change the ice cream weekly. This week is Good Humor Chocolate cake coated-150 calories a bar. But I think I'm just going to buy skinny cow next week, no matter the price. i'd rather save on the calories.
  • kimeister
    Options
    My regular every-week-like-clockwork list: tofu, almonds, romaine lettuce, peanut butter or almond butter (preferably fresh ground at the local food co-op mmmmm), Daiya non-dairy cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, red skin potatoes, garlic & chives hummus, peppers, eggs (if they're local & I know the farm is humane certified), frozen green beans. And beer, my treat after a long ride.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    99% lean turkey (ground or cutlets)
    eggs, eggs, and more eggs
    whatever fruit and veg is on sale
    spinach
    milk
    wine
  • gunnroadapartments
    Options
    i forgot i can't believe its not butter SPRAY! sooooooooooooo good!
  • Ruby11222
    Options
    Yogurt and lots of different ones, including natural ones that are very high in pro-biotics (900 Billion)

Baked beans

100 cal fibre bars

Dried fruit bars - 65 cal to curb sugar cravings

WATER

Soy milk