Cancel the Krispy Kreme delivery and break out Buns of Steel

Options
Hello all,
My wife and I came across the site about a week ago and have decided to use it to lose weight. We have our 10 year anniversary coming up at the end of July and we are going on a vacation with 10 other friends.
Unfortunatley for me, my friends all work out regularly and have no problems waling around showing off their hard work. I on the other hand sit behind a computer all day and dispise all that is active. While I don't consider myself overweight, the doctors say Im 15 pounds over what the average should be. He is one of those marathon runner types.
I didnt really care until the other day when I tried on some of my summer shorts and bathing suits. Just like my wife, I began to see what all women talk about when it comes to bathing suits. My mid section seemed to be emphasized around the waste band of my suit. I immediatley had the vision of "before & after" with me and my freinds hanging around the pool. I don't like being the "before".
So here we are, my wife and I, challenging ourselves to drop the pounds and exercise so we can we can be center of attention at our upcoming anniversary. So we are putting away the Krispy Kreme until at least the second week of August.

Replies

• accupulse
    Options
    Hello all,
    My wife and I came across the site about a week ago and have decided to use it to lose weight. We have our 10 year anniversary coming up at the end of July and we are going on a vacation with 10 other friends.
    Unfortunatley for me, my friends all work out regularly and have no problems waling around showing off their hard work. I on the other hand sit behind a computer all day and dispise all that is active. While I don't consider myself overweight, the doctors say Im 15 pounds over what the average should be. He is one of those marathon runner types.
    I didnt really care until the other day when I tried on some of my summer shorts and bathing suits. Just like my wife, I began to see what all women talk about when it comes to bathing suits. My mid section seemed to be emphasized around the waste band of my suit. I immediatley had the vision of "before & after" with me and my freinds hanging around the pool. I don't like being the "before".
    So here we are, my wife and I, challenging ourselves to drop the pounds and exercise so we can we can be center of attention at our upcoming anniversary. So we are putting away the Krispy Kreme until at least the second week of August.
  • new_Kendra
    Options
    Good luck! Myfitnesspal is an excellent tool and the message boards are really active. You and your wife love it here.

Kendra
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's so great that you're doing it together! My husband joined MFP 6 weeks after I did and we're having fun losing weight (it seems like twice as much between the two of us!)

But sometimes I do say, "Oh, I hate you!" when he announces he lost 4 pounds to my 1! :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Heh heh, there are a box of Krispy Kremes in my office right now that I was able to turn down. :smile:

Welcome to MFP!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    And congrats on the 10 year anniversary!!!!!!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: congrats, on the 10 year anniversary.