Water Loading...

Options
I am starting a weight loss challenge on saturday and the prize is $1000.... Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to water load... Everyone is talking about drinking lots of water before weigh in but I thought that there may be a more effective way to do it to give me that extra advantage.... :D

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    so everyone is starting off by cheating? whats to say they wont cheat all the way through!?
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Um, I guess you retain more water after a salt-full day... if you really want to do that to yourself...
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Not the best place to come for advice on cheating.......
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I HATED when I saw the contestants on Biggest Loser do it. Is it a weight loss competition on here? If so, I want to drop out ASAP!!
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey i'd do it for 1k! Just eat alot of foods high in sodium. Like Chinese. If everyone else is doing it for a friendly competition....

When in Rome do as the Romans do!
  • scrapgun
    Options
    sorry i asked guys... i guess i just wanted to feel like i was in with a chance with everyone else...
    never mind...
  • scrapgun
    Options
    thanks rynoman.... I really appreciate the support :D
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    If you want to have a good first week...you need to work for it. But, if that is what you want to do than do it.
    People on here are getting rude about it, but in essence it is your weight lose no theirs so do not listen to them. I think you would feel better about your weight lose if you knew you worked for it though. Drinking tons of water will make you weigh a little more but not much. Also, you want the numbers to be true. You should try to pee before every weigh in and you should wear the same thing every weigh in or something very similar. Once again, dont let these people get you down. :) You can do this!
  • Rynoman2k3
    Options
    1K is 1k. I could pay off alot of bills with that money. If your just starting out on your diet what does it hurt. I don't know why others are getting all butt hurt. Everybody cheats every once in awhile in every sport on the planet. College sports are probably the worst about it.

Don't listen to the Nay Sayers. If you want a leg up on getting that 1k go for it. I'm sure there's not a rule in place that says you can't gorge yourself the day before to tip the scales in your favor. Most workplace weight loss competitions aren't that way anyways.

It's not like they're gonna say well... Sally at like an elephant last night to gain advantage she's out. Also she hasn't pooped yet so deduct that extra pound.

Yes this site is dedicated to losing weight so everyone frowns upon your action to cheat / bend the rules. Do what you will to win and good luck!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    1K is 1k. I could pay off alot of bills with that money. If your just starting out on your diet what does it hurt. I don't know why others are getting all butt hurt. Everybody cheats every once in awhile in every sport on the planet. College sports are probably the worst about it.

Don't listen to the Nay Sayers. If you want a leg up on getting that 1k go for it. I'm sure there's not a rule in place that says you can't gorge yourself the day before to tip the scales in your favor. Most workplace weight loss competitions aren't that way anyways.

It's not like they're gonna say well... Sally at like an elephant last night to gain advantage she's out. Also she hasn't pooped yet so deduct that extra pound.

Yes this site is dedicated to losing weight so everyone frowns upon your action to cheat / bend the rules. Do what you will to win and good luck!

^^^Like

If you don't do it, there's a 99% chance you'll be the only one that didn't 'cheat'....And is it really cheating...I think cheating would be putting quarters in your pockets or wearing those weighted shoes...Not eating salty food the day before....GEEZ people.....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

in that case maybe she should try some laxitives when she's getting to the end of the competition as well....
  • Rynoman2k3
    Options
    Hey if it helps her win... 1k is alot of money for a weight loss game at work. We get a measly $100.00.
  • koutroulakis
    Options

^^^Like

If you don't do it, there's a 99% chance you'll be the only one that didn't 'cheat'....And is it really cheating...I think cheating would be putting quarters in your pockets or wearing those weighted shoes...Not eating salty food the day before....GEEZ people.....

Lol, put quarters in ur pockets, thats funny, I never even thought of that....but I agree with these two. Don't take everything so seriously. eating chinese the day before your weigh- in is not cheating...most people before they begin their "next" diet" gorge themselves before they start. Same thing for those early on in the process gorge themselves on the weekend b/c they are going to "start over" on monday....I say go for it and good luck!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're talking about the first weigh in? Go to a pizza buffet then go get ice cream after. :-)
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here are too sensitive for their own good. Sorry if that offends anyone, but if you don't like what you read somewhere on the internet, then click off of it. It's that simple, no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

I'd say do not go to a buffet or something, since that could actually be harder to get rid of after weigh in than just eating a lot of sodium-rich foods or drinking a lot of water the day before (and day of) weigh in.

Drinking a lot of water the day OF is probably better than doing it the day before. The day before will keep you up all night peeing and could actually result in a loss because of the water flushing you out.

Don't drink too much water any one day - you risk water intoxication. Google it if you need to.

I don't blame you one bit for "cheating" on your first weigh in. If a lot of the other participants were discussing it, then you can pretty well know you won't be the only one to do so. Actually, you might be the only one not to at least TRY to cheat this. With $1,000 on the line, people have done a LOT worse than drinking extra water, putting quarters in their pockets, wearing weighted shoes, etc. I would too - $1,000 would pay my rent, cable bill, and electric bill for one month! :-)
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Eat a big meal of Chinese food. I always show a 2-3lb gain the day after eating Chinese because of all the sodium (and there is SO much sodium in it!).

Good luck!!! I don't blame you---$1000 is a LOT of money!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Yep, for a grand, load up on salty foods, drink the hell outta water and win the damn $$$.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am starting a weight loss challenge on saturday and the prize is $1000.... Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to water load... Everyone is talking about drinking lots of water before weigh in but I thought that there may be a more effective way to do it to give me that extra advantage.... :D

salty food and water
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

salty food and water

Ya, then take a bottle of Magnesium Citrate to get rid of it all the next day. But don't forget to send me my half of the winnings for my tip.
  • scrapgun
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips and support guys :D I am so excited to get started... 2 more sleeps