First Piece of Advice

Options
If ANYONE could give one piece of advice (or more) to help get started back to HEALTHY. . . What would it be?

Replies

• bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    If ANYONE could give one piece of advice (or more) to help get started back to HEALTHY. . . What would it be?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Log your food BEFORE you eat it! Drink lots of water. :flowerforyou:
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It really is about calories in and calories out. Make sure those calories in are good ones and allow an occasional treat. It's boring, but it's reality.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    dedicate yourself to it completely.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    keep a sense of humor about everything.....this is a long road but can be fun if you let it:smile:
  • kimmundt
    kimmundt Posts: 19
    Options

Oh gosh, this is so true.

I was going to give in and have my favorite snack (zingers) until i logged them and saw how long it would take me to walk them off and I hate walking. So i had celery and laughing cow cheese instead!~
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Move! :drinker: Seriously get your body moving....anything helps. If you have to take little steps, start with walking it's a great way to get started and can really be enjoyable for a time out from everything. I love walking. It's peaceful :flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Take your time & don't expect instant results. Keep up with the hard work even when you're not seeing a difference in numbers.

Best of luck!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The scale does not determine your success. Measure yourself. The scale can play mind tricks with you if you weigh yourself too much.

Do not give yourself the option to fail and you won't.

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Take it a day (or week) at a time. Don't stress out. Give yourself plenty of time to do this and don't worry if you hit a plateau here or there. Your body will catch up! Slowly change things until you are living a new lifestyle.

:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    put your plan of attack in writing ..set a workout schedule and stick to your calories...dont set yourself up for failure live to eat dont eat to live...do not reward yourself with food. always challeneg yourself...Good luck
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    It took years to put on the weight and it will take a while to lose it! Don't expect magic results. :wink:
  • megancolleen
    Options
    water water and more water :smokin:
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    Thank you so much EVERYBODY !!!

What a way to stay focused . . . All things that cross my mind, but it's a matter of mind over matter THIS TIME !!!

I'm back on the wagon of living heatlhy and eating right !!

Thanks. . . HAPPY FRIDAY !!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much EVERYBODY !!!

What a way to stay focused . . . All things that cross my mind, but it's a matter of mind over matter THIS TIME !!!

I'm back on the wagon of living heatlhy and eating right !!

Thanks. . . HAPPY FRIDAY !!!
    Let me know if I can help! :flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    schedule an exercise that you like to do into your day - whenever it works for you, but stick with that "appointment".
  • pauljsomers
    Options
    CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO. Do 45 - 60 minutes of cardio a day and watch what happens. It actually makes me less hungry! The fat has nowhere to hide.
  • pauljsomers
    Options
    CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO. Do 45 - 60 minutes of cardio a day and watch what happens. It actually makes me less hungry! The fat has nowhere to hide.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

I agree with this one 100%, also watch your sodium intake, it is very important.
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    For me, I have found that keeping a weight loss journal with me at all times helps me stay accountable. If I'm at work and it's a stressful day and I want to go an grab the phone and order chinese... I try to log my journal first to see how stupid it would be to eat something for 20 mins and feel bad about it for another 60 min. the journal also allows me to log the good stuff especially when I can say I wanted the baby ruth really bad but didn't eat it...lol

I also found that pre planning my meals and exercise for the week REALLY helps!!!!!!!! And I treat myself like a child because I give myself stickers for everyday that I complete successfully. If I don't get a sticker than I feel bad. KINDA OF CORNY BUT IT WORKS.

AND NO KEEPING BAD FOODS IN THE HOUSE WORKS!!!!!!! when you open the fridge or the pantry and it's not there you are forced to walk away or eat a healthier snack.
    Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!