I don't want to binge tonight!!!! Please help!!!!!!

Options
All this talk of bingeing in my support group is making me feel like I am in relapse mood and about to have the binge of a lifetime. Praying for serenity.

Replies

• killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Exercise instead... that's what I do!! Go for a jog or something. Also, brushing my teeth helps me not want to eat. I don't know if you've tried these tricks before, so I'm sorry if this is like a "duh" to you... but it does help me.
  • kassied09
    Options
    If you MUST binge- make it all healthy! Binge on so many fruits and veggies you are too full to think of food!
    Another tip- brush your teeth. Chew mint gum. These things naturally make you less hungry - or less tempted at least. This works for me!
    Going for a walk, jog, or to work out in general will help you stay on track. Either that or keep your mind busy.
    Trust me- I have been there. Nights are terrible times for me. You can do this, though! We believe in ya ;]
  • kassied09
    Options
    Exercise instead... that's what I do!! Go for a jog or something. Also, brushing my teeth helps me not want to eat. I don't know if you've tried these tricks before, so I'm sorry if this is like a "duh" to you... but it does help me.

great minds think alike ;]
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the kitchen. Remind yourself where you want to be and why you want to be there. Remember food does not make it better. You can do whatever you set your mind to. You don't need to binge otherwise binge on celery. Good luck. love yourself.
  • Kristy144
    Options
    I wanted to binge as well, instead I am drinking a ton of water and made a mini bag of popcorn, which fit into my calories today. I don't want to sabotage myself and you don't want to either, you can do it! Be strong!
  • bdette73
    bdette73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!!! It helps to "hear" your words of encouragement and advice! Bdette
  • olacoco7
    olacoco7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the idea of a healthier replacement like veggies. However, what's your craving? Is it sweet or salty? Hot tea with honey I find can work as a nice sweet appetite suppressant. Also, these sites are nice if people give you support fast enough, but, maybe making a call to a supportive, understanding friend can be a good distraction to move passed the time of when you're likely to fall into a binge. Remember, you're not alone, and it will be okay. :-)