Mega Binge

Options
So, it's been a while since i have had a mega binge... you know the ones: you wander through the grocery store like a zombie, throwing things into your cart, stop off for fast food on the way home, binge like crazy until you are comatose, and don't even realize what you've done until you see the carnage of chip bags candy bar wrappers and bottles of pop the next morning.

well, last night was such a night. i feel so gross and disgusted with myself.... i took today off and also have sat, sun and mon off... i am planning on spending the time to get my life back on track, even if it means doing a mini fruit cleanse or detox or something. something to not feel how i feel this morning.

here is what i ate starting at 5pm and stopping at about 10pm. (p.s. this is not an exaggeration. yuck.)

1 Big Bacon Classic Meal from wendy's with diet coke
1 large handful of onion rings
4 mini bagel bites
1 large smokie with large white bun and dijon mustard
1/2 super size bag of cheetos
1 giant mint choclate bar ( the $3 ones)
10 olives

i have an issue with bingeing, but i just wanted to put it out there for anyone else who struggles. for me it is extremely hard not too... i am working on it, and am happy to only have this magnatude of binge a few times a month, but it really sabotages my efforts when i do try to make changes in my eating, only to binge at the end of the week... blah.

Replies

• leafylee
    leafylee Posts: 56
    Options
    So, it's been a while since i have had a mega binge... you know the ones: you wander through the grocery store like a zombie, throwing things into your cart, stop off for fast food on the way home, binge like crazy until you are comatose, and don't even realize what you've done until you see the carnage of chip bags candy bar wrappers and bottles of pop the next morning.

well, last night was such a night. i feel so gross and disgusted with myself.... i took today off and also have sat, sun and mon off... i am planning on spending the time to get my life back on track, even if it means doing a mini fruit cleanse or detox or something. something to not feel how i feel this morning.

here is what i ate starting at 5pm and stopping at about 10pm. (p.s. this is not an exaggeration. yuck.)

4 mini bagel bites
    10 olives

i have an issue with bingeing, but i just wanted to put it out there for anyone else who struggles. for me it is extremely hard not too... i am working on it, and am happy to only have this magnatude of binge a few times a month, but it really sabotages my efforts when i do try to make changes in my eating, only to binge at the end of the week... blah.
  • hesalive
    hesalive Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hugs honey! Today is a new day...it seems like you've embraced that already. Don't allow the guilt to keep you looking back...just look ahead and do better today. I think you're right about the cleanse...probably a good thing.

Not too much advice.... just wanted to give you support & encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Don't worry dear! We all have days where we "fall off the wagon". It will be okay! Just think about that feeling you felt this morning & how you felt when you were eating it & it won't happen as often. You can't deprive yourself of everything, but just try and do it in moderation so you'll avoid all-out binges. :flowerforyou:
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello! I understand your pain...I had a "mega" binge last weekend...except mine was even much much worse than yours.. I am an overeater for sure and it is a super hard thing to deal with. Just take a few deep breaths..don't beat yourself up over it! That perpetuates this cycle. Drink some water, and yeah fill up on fruit and yummy healthy food. You will be just fine :flowerforyou:
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    The good part is that you've recognized what you're doing. We all have days where we eat all the wrong foods, the goal is to not let a one meal or one day binge turn into anything longer. Sounds like you are in the right mindset!Just try yo really watch your sodium intake for the next couple days, drink lots of water. Oh, try not to weigh yourself, if you do, know that you will probably be retaining a couple pounds of water weight from the salt intake!

Good luck!

Progress, not perfection.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've been there. A LOT recently.
    And in my opinion, knock the olives off that list. They are healthy. :flowerforyou:
    I think your binge could have been much worse. I think they are improving over time.
    Don't give up. Regain your strength. Move forward dear!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

4 mini bagel bites
    10 olives

Sorry to hear what your going through..have you tried therapy sessions in regards to binge eating..a lot of times we need to get to the root of the issue rather than just write it off as a slip up. Perhaps keep a food diary and when you feel the urge to binge write down your feelings..good luck