Ladies, do you notice...

Options
that you don't eat as much during your period? Or am I just weird? I noticed this before joining MFP, I would get full faster or just not eat. Is that common (don't throw ninja stars at me if this has been mentioned already)?

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    nah i usually eat everything in sight
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i eat like 1000 calories MORE right before lol everyone is different
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Im just like you. I get ravenous the week before tho
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I crave more when on my period! I go searching for anything sweet,so I think I eat a lot more when that time of the month comes around.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i eat tons more the week before, but the week of all i have to do is smeel food and i vomit
  • gumonyershoe
    Options
    I also tend to be hungrier and want to eat more. I think it's awesome though that you have the opposite effect. :)
  • Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For me it's always different! Sometimes I eat everything in sight and others I don't even want to see food!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I don't get the craving, and I do actually eat less a week before hand or during said week.
    I guess I'm just lucky. :P
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yeap, nothing sounds good at all! I also have to go to the bathroom a lot which is very annoying. I guess we are lucky . . . with the not having cravings part.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Day before is my worst! I could be at a buffet and not get the right food. And it is that way for about 3 or 4 days. I wouldn't eat as much if I could just figure out what I really want. I will get what I think I want, then I will realize that wasn't it....I think all it really craves is more water!!!!!!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The day before I'm more hungry but as soon as it starts, I'm not hungry at all for like 3 days.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    most people like binge LOL.

Im the same though. as in normal me. i don't get hungry or lose my appetite
  • Leia81
    Options
    i eat a lot the week before but i do not eat that much when i am having my period or after
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I usually have one day of PMS where I am hungry all day, other than that is is same as usual
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I usually have one day of PMS where I am hungry all day, other than that is is same as usual

This is me too. Usually the day before I start I want to eat EVERYTHING I see. :)
  • smscott87
    Options
    The day before I'm more hungry but as soon as it starts, I'm not hungry at all for like 3 days.

This is how I am!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I crave more when on my period! I go searching for anything sweet,so I think I eat a lot more when that time of the month comes around.

ME. TOO. I try not to use that as an excuse, though. Because if I did, it would be muffins, cookies, brownies, bread, and chocolate cake ALL DAY LONGGG for aboutttt a week.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Im just like you. I get ravenous the week before tho

Yes, I totally crave the week before..like salt and sweet..haha..AND A BIG GIGANTIC JUICY STEAK..after..no more craving..haha..crazy..
  • tehbasketcasey
    Options
    Oh I WISH. Instead, when my uterus is unhappy it demands that I eat absolutely everything in my kitchen. My boyfriend calls me " The Garbage Disposal" when its that time of the month. ( In a loving way, of course. ;p )
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get really, really hungry for three or four days before but when it comes, I don't really feel like eating. Except I do get cravings for a big, juicy steak - no mysteries there! I usually allow myself to eat maybe 200 more calories a day when I'm in the hungry phase, just keep it healthy, wholesome foods.