Getting a Tattoo?

Options
jamesdelong
jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
I noticed that a couple of my friends that started working out are getting tattoos now. A trend I've been seeing.. anyways.
I have one I got many years ago of my initials b/c I had no clue what I wanted. I just turned 18 and had a paycheck that was burning a hole in my pocket so I said what the heck.

Are you thinking about getting one or another?
What is it?

(I may get mine removed or ask an artist to see how they can cover it up with something that fancy's me.)

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo...and my hubby says that's all I can get.. Right now, I still love it. If I had my way, I would get both my mid thighs going up my ribcage, then down my inner arms in leopard print.
  • boobookittyx
    Options
    I got my first one at 20! & yea i see every other person at the gym with a tattoo...but a good half of them are chicken scatch bad quality kinda tattoos! lol. I'm thinking of getting some more but in the winter so it'll be easier to heal. I like traditional japanese style so thats what I'm looking at...and you should get a cover! Removal just seems way too painful lol..
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i hear they hurt dont do it
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a small-ish "Z" on either my foot or my ribs.

I also have a shoulder/back piece planned for when I reach my goal weight.
  • siyosa
    siyosa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos. I waited until I was 24 to start getting them, and never get something without waiting for six months to see if it's something I still want. I have a few on the "wish list" - just waiting for funds. But, it really has nothing to do with weight.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have .. 7 ? now? I regret none.
    I do want a larger back piece - but I keep changing my mind what I want - so nothing planned yet. I thought of getting a luigi and peach tattoo with my wedding date stamped in there for my goal weight reward.
    I am getting a matching tattoo with my bff at somepoint too
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    i hear they hurt dont do it

LMAO! Good one ;P
  • cgeiser1
    Options
    I got my first tattoo at 19 and have gotten one every year since (Im 26) I'm definitely going to slow down though lol. I am getting one more at christmas time when I get to my goal weight (fingers crossed), and watercolor style bird on my rib cage (ouch)
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Never !
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I was a late bloomer and didn't start till I was @25. I now have 13, but have been needled 18xs (adding and fixing). I plan on getting my back finished as soon as i can save up the $$ to fly my *kitten* to Cali and see my awesome artist there. I am ALWAYS looking to get inked. It's just a matter of finding what I WANT to get inked. Peep my pics, and you'll see my back and almost all my ink.
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I have one, a cluster of stars behind my right ear. I've had it for... 3 years? Something like that.

I plan to get more, just not sure exactly what, yet. I'm thinking about getting a fancy letter "C" somewhere to celebrate losing 100lbs, when I get there :wink:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have one, a cluster of stars behind my right ear. I've had it for... 3 years? Something like that.

I plan to get more, just not sure exactly what, yet. I'm thinking about getting a fancy letter "C" somewhere to celebrate losing 100lbs, when I get there :wink:

This tat is more common than you think. I have it as well as a few other people I know.. NO ONE had it when I got it that I knew - it was all people I met later on that also did .. hehe
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    script!!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    script!!
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    I actually have had this plan of getting an anchor on my back with the Latin phrase "Semper Ad Meliora" (which means "always towards better things") half circling around it at the top

the anchor symbolizes the opposite of what people would think - to me its not that im being weighed down - but that NO MATTER WHAT TRIES to weigh me down, I can rise above it and will have the strength to set myself free.

In all honesty, it had nothing to do with weight loss but more of the emotional things I went through in the past. but NOWWWW it will be also be representative of that because I NEVER thought I would get this far. EVER. and now I feel like ... I can do anything! and that now I truly am always going towards better things.

I got the idea from one of my favorite dashboard confessional songs. the chorus of the lyrics are:
    "So hand me the rocks to help weigh me down
    And tether my legs with a cord tightly bound
    To the end of an anchor thrown into the sound
    And test me to see if I will rise against the worst that it can get "
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos!! And there not as painful as what everyone says they are! Ive had 3, 1st one in feb, 2nd in april, and 3rd in july! They are additive!!! Im getting my 4th one on my foot sometime in november :) im super excited!! And that will be it for me then fora while as im only 19 haha
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I hate tattoos !
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i have 4 :) and all i really care about is finishing my 4th one at the moment, but i do have many more ideas of what else id like that ive been working on for over 3 years . seeing as i draw all of my own tattoos
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have 3! & I love all of them, even though two need a touch up. The before mentioned two I got on my 18th birthday & the last wwhen I was 20.

IMAG0535.jpg -1st tattoo on 18th Bday.- Matching tattoo with my bff! <3 "Our friendship will grow beautifully & strong like an everlasting rose." -Cheesy but so what! Btw..it looks cruddy because it got a little infected after I had it done...grrr! IMAG0540.jpg -2nd tattoo on 18th bday.- Butterfly with kanji love symbol. My high school sweetheart & now husband got it for me. I love him soooo very much. It may not have symbolized much then but it does now. =) ....& Lastly, IMAG0538.jpg - "Til death do us part." The 13th was our wedding day. :) (I got this before we got married though.)
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have 4, all carefully thought about and with meanings, have my next 2 planned and then who knows!