Rant/vent -clothing annoyances

Options
Just the other week I was complaining that I can’t really see any of my 7kg loss. I’ve had a weird weight week with a change of medication but now looks like I’m inching down again. However, I’ve now lost enough weight that my jeans feel super comfy when I put them on but I can’t take 5 steps without needing to tug them as they are shifting as I walk 😞 however I don’t fit into any of my smaller sizes yet either. So that’s probably two - maybe three weeks of being uncomfortable in too big clothes before the next size down might fit. Feels a bit like I can’t win!
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Just the other week I was complaining that I can’t really see any of my 7kg loss. I’ve had a weird weight week with a change of medication but now looks like I’m inching down again. However, I’ve now lost enough weight that my jeans feel super comfy when I put them on but I can’t take 5 steps without needing to tug them as they are shifting as I walk 😞 however I don’t fit into any of my smaller sizes yet either. So that’s probably two - maybe three weeks of being uncomfortable in too big clothes before the next size down might fit. Feels a bit like I can’t win!
    🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Congrats on your progress! It may seem old-fashioned, but why not try a belt?
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I just got used to wearing mostly leggings. I'm wearing some today that I wore regularly 40lbs ago.

I just didn't wear non-stretch clothes while losing weight unless I happened to be at the exact weight that a certain pair of non-stretch pants happened to fit.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing. Except, I'm in bigger sizes where there is a much larger difference between each size, I'm purposefully losing slowly, and it's going to be way more than 2-3 weeks to wait for the next size!

I have been in a size 16. I had a pair of "boyfriend" jeans from Old Navy that were more forgiving to begin with/I got at my highest weight last spring. I was down to only wearing those for weekend errands or something because they'd gotten so baggy. Last weekend I tried to put them on to run to the store and realized there was no way it was happening- they were literally falling all the way down! So, I retired those and that left me with one pair of jeans from Target that were also a size 16, but way more snug when I got them. On those, I swear when I pull the waist band to the side, I have 2-3 inches of extra room now. They don't fall all the way down, so they're wearable, but they're driving me crazy. The bagginess at my waist also adds bulk that I don't want.

So, the other day I thought, "I'm probably not a 14 everywhere yet, but it seems like I will be in this specific brand." I went and got the EXACT SAME jeans- same brand, same color, same style to try on in a 14. I told myself when walking to the fitting room to remember that even if they felt a bit snug, I should get them because jeans always loosen throughout the day. I kid you not, I could not button them without being in MAJOR pain and probably cutting off blood flow- like there was absolutely no way I was wearing these.

I wonder if I somehow got an "off cut" the first time, or my old ones just really stretched out (they were maybe 6 months old). I probably should have tried a 16 in a new pair in the store to see if those fit, but I was so annoyed, I ended up just leaving.
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Leggings. Seriously. I gave up on jeans years ago. It’s so hard to find a cut that will fit your shape especially if you’re like me and you have a flat butt but a large belly. If the waist is big enough to fit my belly, it’s baggy around my butt. If it fits my butt snug, I can’t bottom the waist it or if I can, the waistband digs into my fat roll when I sit down, and that hurts. I only wear leggings now so they can stretch with me. It’s SO much more comfy! Mine are a bit too small but they stretch so much, I can still squeeze into them! No waistband to bottom! And they hug my natural body shape. Leggings are your new pants!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Congrats on your progress! It may seem old-fashioned, but why not try a belt?

I don't love belts, but did use them while losing - it's just practical. I found a very adjustable belt, because needing new belts can also be an issue, with a good bit of weight loss needing to happen.

In addition to that, I learned to appreciate drawstring pants. I know that brings up an image of sweatpants, but those aren't the only options. I have some really nice less-fitted linen pants that are at minimum office casual, and can be upscaled to more dressy with the right tops. (I bought those in all 3 colors available!) Even though I'm at goal size now, I recently bought some really nice slightly flow-y soft rayon (I think) pants with an internal drawstring that dress up very well, can look quite elegant.

What's key, IMO, is that the fabrics be quite lightweight and soft - that means the waistline doesn't get all bunchy looking as a stiffer or heavier fabric would. (My linen pants have a knitted waistband, which also helps with that.) With a top that covers the waist area, or even a tucked-in or more fitted top with a loose jacket/sweater over, there's really zero aura of sweatpants/casualwear.

Just an option to consider.