Olive Garden - help!

Options
SDMS
SDMS Posts: 36 Member
We are going to Olive Garden tonight for dinner. Any suggestions on what to get? Everything seems so high in calories.
Thanks.

Replies

• LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love love love the apricot chicken with asparagus.. Very low cal, filling, and makes me able to splurge on ONE bread stick :)

400 calories for apricot chicken and 150 calories for a breadstick.. Not to shabby :)

Add zuppa tuscana for 170 calories since the salad is LOADED with calories. So 720 for a huge meal out.
  • arispawild
    Options
    Pasta marinara
    like 430 -ish cals
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    zuppa tuscana and mixed grill plate!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is the "Seafood Brodetto". It's 480 calories, and is kind of like a soupy thing with lots of seafood in it, and a piece of toast. It is AWESOME. Tons of food. But the only downside is the sodium.... But really, for just amount of food and calories and flavor, it's incredible.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is the "Seafood Brodetto". It's 480 calories, and is kind of like a soupy thing with lots of seafood in it, and a piece of toast. It is AWESOME. Tons of food. But the only downside is the sodium.... But really, for just amount of food and calories and flavor, it's incredible.

this sounds yummy...and if you drink a ton of water, maybe the sodium won't get ya so badly. =)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    water with lemon and ........... maybe some ice?
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
  • christineanne8
    Options
    One of my good friends is an Olive Garden manager.. she said they will pretty much make whatever you want them to. Salad w/o dressing, chicken cooked in pam, etc. Just have to ask. Hope this helps! :)
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    water with lemon and ........... maybe some ice?

Lol
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Item Calories Total Fat (g) Sat. Fat (g) Sodium Carb. (g) Fiber (g) Protein (g)
    Zuppa Toscana Soup 170 4 2 960 24 2 10

That soup is so good! Definitely get a bowl of that for a starter! See if you can order the lunch size portion when you go. Just check the link I sent you and take your pick! Make your own pasta with angel hair, marinara, and meatballs seems like a decent choice.
  • Lotstoluv263
    Options
    Hubby and I always go every other Friday, I always get the soup and salad. The chili like soup is supper yummy and is only 130 calories a bowl (I eat 2) and we get our salad with no cheese and dressing on the side (so we can control how much goes on) and I eat ONE breadstick very slowly (I take one and ask the waiter to take the rest, since i will be so tempted to eat the basket and hubby cannot eat bread. I ussually come in under 500 calories when I go.....Ohh and I always get water with lemon wedge, no soda!! We both eat on less than 15 bucks and are stuffed when we leave!!
  • SDMS
    SDMS Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I ordered the Venetian chicken, and it was very good. I was fully after eating only half of the portion and took it home for tomorrow's lunch.