My Weight Story

Options
I thought I'd take a minute and share a little bit of my story (well, my weight story).

... I just typed this up but then I tried to post without putting in a subject, and my whole post deleted... so lemmy try to do it again...

I'm 27, and when I was 19 (when I gave birth to my son) I weighed 203. I had lost that weight (I think I got back down to 165 or so) but then over the years I gained it all back and was around 205 about two years ago. I started going to the gym and lost about 10 pounds (I hovered between 194 and 198 pounds). But then I had to step it up because two months before my wedding I was still arround 190 pounds (I already bought the perfect dress a few years back...long story... but now it was too small). I went to a Weight loss clinic, and got down to 165 pounds. That was mid February. I gained back 8 pounds then I joined MFP... then I proceded to gain back 5 more pounds. I was 178 when I made the decision to give my health 100% of my attention. I quit smoking (yay! its been about about 6 weeks now) I also became a vegitarian, and I stopped making excuses for why I "couldn't" exercise. I've gotten down to 169 as of last week (YAY!!, and I did it on my own!). So far this makes 9 pounds that I've lost since I quit smoking, so for anyone out there (like I was) that is terrified to quit smoking because you think you'll just end up gaining weight, it doesn't have to be that way. I just made a huge choice to revamp my entire lifestyle, and I think that's why I've been able to be successful (so far).

I'm making progress, but there's still a long way to go (I'm still "overweight" but I'm nolonger "obese"... ugh I hate that word). I'm exercising about 5 days a week. 2-3 days a week I go to my moms and use her treadmill, 1-2 days I go to the gym, and I take walks outside about once a week. I consume between 1200 and 1300 net calories a day, and I think I'm able to easily do this and enjoy my food because I gave up meat (I hardly eat fast food because most menu items have meat, so already I'm eating healthier).

I became a vegitarian after reading a book that went into great detail how our meat is handled (before and after the animal is killed) and what is really in the meat that we don't realize. The thought of eating meat actually makes me sick now (however, this is a personal decision I've made, I am not and will not try to push this on anyone, not even my family). I just feel so much better now, and I'm looking forward to March/April next year when I have my Cholesterol checked again. This year in March (or April) I had high Cholesterol, and I know that by cutting out 1, 2, or 3 sevings a day of meat my Cholesterol levels have to go down.

So... I think my post is a little choppy... I was trying to remember everything I typed the first time, but it didn't come out quite the same, so sorry. So, here's a taste of my Weight Story, and where I'm at now (169 and counting, fitting into some of my old "cute" clothes, and feeling much better about myself and my reflection).

Replies

• Kalverson2
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. It is so hard to lose and keep the weight off after having kids. I have 3 youngest is almost 13 and I am still struggling!!! Even harder after 30.

Good Luck!!:smile:
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Great story, keep up the good work!
  • eves5ks
    eves5ks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    congrats to you and keep up the great work
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration! I may have to return to your story for motivation.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congrats to you!!! Makes me think I might need to think about quitting smoking.......needed to hear that! :)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :happy: Sounds like you have your focus - just keep heading to your overall goals... your doing wonderful!