Would you rather have dinner with your family 10 years in the future or with your ansestors from 10?

Options
Outerbanks98
Outerbanks98 Posts: 4 Member

Would you rather have dinner with your family 10 years in the future or with your ansestors from 10? 9 votes

Family 10 years in the future
11%
Outerbanks98 1 vote
Ansestors 100 years ago
88%
SweetP27ythannahcwolfman13amorfati601070OpheliaCooterExpressoLove11Alinouveau2californiagirl1969 8 votes

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    Can I go back and keep my parents from meeting?
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ansestors 100 years ago
    I want to get the tea on great grandma's third husband. Why was his death so unexpected? Why were the circumstances so mysterious? Girl what you hiding?
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    Ansestors 100 years ago
    Ancestors cause I'd like to know was Uncle Harley really killed by his wife's lover or was he stupidly cleaning a loaded rifle? Would be neat to get to meet my mom's dad too.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Ansestors 100 years ago
    I picked ancestors bc at least if they suck it would be a new suck. Poor choice of words. Anyways, I’m sure they’re all horrible what with generational trauma and all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Ansestors 100 years ago
    I picked ancestors 100 years ago...not so much that I'm really interested in that in as much as 10 years in the future isn't a particularly long way off and I doubt much will be tremendously different other than my eldest would be 22 and my youngest 20 and I'm going to experience all of those changes incrementally along the way in that very short period of time.

Ideally I would be far more interested in having dinner with my family...maybe 50-60 years in the future and to see my boys in their 60s and 70s and sort of the culmination of the things I and my wife created as it's highly unlikely we will actually live to see that. I think it would be more interesting to visit with my kids as old men and my grand kids as middle aged men/women, and my great grand kids in their teens or twenties...especially if I could travel into the future as my 48 year old self and be younger than my kids.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    Is the future predestined or can we change it? If I go to see my family 10 years in the future and I see how badly I messed them up can I change that trajectory or is it written in stone?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Ansestors 100 years ago
    My only living relative is my father and chances are he won't be alive 10 years from now so I'd be dining alone. Way more interesting to dine with the family from 100 years ago.
  • californiagirl1969
    Options
    Ansestors 100 years ago
    Ancestors because I could meet my great grandmother and others I never got the chance to meet or know.