Outerbanks98
Outerbanks98 Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Any easy snack ideas?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies and fruits. String cheese. Cottage cheese or yogurt. Hard boiled eggs. Protein bars. Protein powder smoothies.
    I make oat bars about once a month, keep them in the freezer, take one out and pop it in the microwave for 1 minute.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mini pepperoni sticks, crackers.
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Crispy broad beans or nuts in 100-calorie single serve packets. Prunes. Fresh fruit. Babybel light cheese individual rounds. Light Jarlsberg or Cabot Light Cheddar Cheese. Good-quality individually wrapped chocolates, such as Lindt truffles, Godiva hearts, Ghirardelli squares. Marinated mushrooms. Pickles. Puppodums (microwave them, no oil needed). Dry-roasted soy nuts. Crispy chickpeas or lentils.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Bananas
  • CLICit
    CLICit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Protein balls (Oats, peanut butter, protein powder balled up).

Oats desert (Oats, peanut butter, frozen berries, flax, chia pop in microwave with water and done deal or make a bunch for over night Oats the next week).

Sardines with some crackers.

Cut up apples with cinnamon, Greek yogurt, pecans, berries, and some whip cream.
  • californiagirl1969
    Options
    Pistachios or any other nut
    Yogurt
    Vegetables cooked or raw
    Popcorn
    Cottage cheese with fruit🍓🥑🥝🥕🥒🥦
    Chewing gum when I really don't need food, but just want something to chew.🍿
  • ForgoTheirPrototype
    Options
    Raw veggies and fruits. String cheese. Cottage cheese or yogurt. Hard boiled eggs. Protein bars. Protein powder smoothies.
    I make oat bars about once a month, keep them in the freezer, take one out and pop it in the microwave for 1 minute.

YES! To all of the above. 😍

There isn’t anything much easier (or faster) than fruits and veggies. - grab and go.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    @corinasue1143 can you share the recipe for your oat bars please? Thanks!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I started here,
    https://www.mysequinedlife.com/healthy-baked-oatmeal-bars/#recipe and made changes.

I put the oats in the blender until they make a course flour.
    I leave out the baking powder and usually the cinnamon and maple.
    I use unsweetened almond milk to cut calories.
    I beat the egg whites separately and fold them in last.(instead of baking powder).
    I always make mine with almonds, and increase the fruit to about 1/2 cup.

I bake them in a 9 x 13 pan at 250 for an hour to an hour and 10 minutes and when they cool, cut them into 24 bars.

Mine are a lot different consistency than hers, and I would think most people would like hers better. Mine makes a dense bar, under
    100 calories each. I’m not a big sweets eater, and these are a perfect dessert or sweet snack for me, perfect size.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    An easy one is a sliced apple, and dip it in a low-fat Greek yogurt like Chobani. About 200 calories and very filling with protein and fiber.