cabbage

Options
i love cabbage and just made some last night.......however i am the only one in the house who will eat it so i have alot left over..............besides soup any ideas on what i can do with it to make a meal?

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    with cornbeaf, or with sour kraut, mashed potatoes and hamb. all in one dish it sounds weird but so good
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Coleslaw, cabbage rolls
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Pork stir fry.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    Cabbage is the most awesome vegetable ever for weight loss. I use it in stir fries instead of a starch (like rice or noodles). Shred 1/2 a cabbage, throw it in a wok with some sesame oil, add other cut up veggies (onion, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, snow-peas, whatever else you have in the house), add some cubed extra-firm tofu, toss in about 1/3 cup of any of Trader Joe's stir-fry sauces, maybe crush some cashews for garnish, and add some green onion as garnish too, and you've got an awesome meal. I add sriracha hot sauce and sesame seeds to my version. When I make it with mostly cabbage and cauliflower, I call it my "white devil" stir fry, aka "dieters' delight". :-)
  • MlissaB
    MlissaB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    cabbage streudel...
  • Lotstoluv263
    Options
    Same here.....I buy the small bag of coleslaw mix and use it in everything, like ground turkey with the slaw mix and frozen veggies (kinda like an egg roll without the wrapper, super yummy. Or just boil/steam it, however you perfer. I usually get a bag and use it (myself) for about 3 days and it stays pretty fresh.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great idea for the stir fry ! i think i will have this for dinner tomorrow! thanks and thank you everyone else for your ideas!
    [/quote]
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    fish tacos...or other meat tacos... i've had cabbage arrive on my plate instead of lettuce at many Mexican restaurants.
  • deepavignesh
    deepavignesh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    cabbage casserole!!