does it bother you when...

Options
ecolkitt
ecolkitt Posts: 7 Member
people say that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat...........no they don't!!- they are both just a pound. Just like a ton of feathers weighs exactly the same as a ton of bricks. I get that the amount of muscle in a pound is much less then the amount of fat in one pound. It just makes me crazy to hear it put that way!

Replies

• focus2bfit
    Options
    agreed
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    So true!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    People truly confuse density with weight. Very frustrating but incredibly common, and not just in the fat vs muscle issue
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I've never heard anyone say that! Wild. I've only heard "muscle weighs more than fat."
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No one says a pound of anything weighs more than a pound of anything else unless they are a complete idiot. People say muscle weighs more than fat because a cubic inch of muscle weighs more than a cubic inch of fat.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Nope i mean who really cares what people say
  • ecolkitt
    ecolkitt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you whats not going to weigh the same though..me after I go to the gym! thanks for letting me vent now its off to the gym for me!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • dmwaski
    Options
    AMEN! I don't think people realize what they are saying!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    No one says a pound of anything weighs more than a pound of anything else unless they are a complete idiot. People say muscle weighs more than fat because a cubic inch of muscle weighs more than a cubic inch of fat.

:)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    No, I have much more important things to think about. Does it really matter? Or for that matter does it have any impact on losing weight? No. It's simply a way to express the idea that 2 people who weigh the same can look completely different... but it does seem to make for a good argument starter on the boards.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Again?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

its whatev.....
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Stfu are you serious?!?!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    This doesn't even register on my list of things that bother me. I don't care what other people believe. I have my own misguided beliefs to grapple with.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    This doesn't even register on my list of things that bother me. I don't care what other people believe. I have my own misguided beliefs to grapple with.

I love grappling..... i prefer japanese over brazilian jiu jitsu
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    It' doesn't bother me, it's "eh whatever dude".
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

I hate you.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I hate you.

what about capoeira?