How has losing weight affected how you feel about yourself?

Options
Over the past 2 years I reached my heaviest weight and I just didn't feel pretty or beautiful anymore. I stopped caring about fashion or putting in effort in to my looks anymore. Over the last 6 months I have lost 22lbs and I feel like I'm getting my mojo back. I FEEL more beautiful. I feel better physically too, and less tired in the day.

What about you guys?

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Exercise and proper nutrition was a game changer for my over all mental health - I can move better - I feel better - eh I think I look better too possibly maybe
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Exercise and proper nutrition was a game changer for my over all mental health - I can move better - I feel better - eh I think I look better too possibly maybe
    Don’t lie. You’ve been cashing in on that pretty privilege ❤️

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Not so much losing but the effects just working

Aw shucks- she thinks I’m pretty 😉
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options

Aw shucks- she thinks I’m pretty 😉
    [/quote]

📠
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I felt pretty great about myself at my heaviest. I was in a great place in my life and finally had the freedom and time to take better care of myself.

I'm very proud now of having taken excellent care of my body, but I don't like myself any more than I did back then.

I was never motivated by liking myself less, I was motivated by a profound level of self respect and motivation to care for my body after it had been through a rough several years.
  • BayBlue22
    BayBlue22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think the two things can be inseparable for some (perhaps many) folks. A mental setback disrupts your fitness which makes you feel bad, etc. definitely a feedback loop for me, in both directions.