High Protein, Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Frozen veggie sausage is a nice change! I like Quorn the best! For drinks try almond or soy milk, they mix well with protein powder and don't need a blender really nice and creamy
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Loving these recipe ideas! Thanks!
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For the past 2 months I've given up my 150 cal all bran and milk breakfast for something more substantial, chocolate banana protein smoothie. It is sooooooooo delicious <250 calories and keeps me full b/c of the protein.

I make it in the morning (lunches at night for the sake of time) and it’s so quick. I can even rinse my blender and put it on the drying rack right away so there is no need to scrub down a sticky blender when I come home from work.

Recipie please :)
  • nannabannana
    Options
    1/2 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt , 4 sliced strawberries and 1 tsp. of p.b. melted and poured over top, mix thoroughly..Yummy
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Quiche muffins sound yummy!!! I have to try them.

If lactose intolerant try Almond milk.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bonk.
  • ladyjeanne57
    ladyjeanne57 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The Quiche Muffins are fantastic. I use shredded low-fat cheeses, changing up which ones with the mood I am in. I also have used Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles. They are already cooked so easy, easy, easy. Occassionally, I throw in whatever left-over vegies I made from the night before...broccoli, green onion, sweet onion, asparagus, tomatoes...etc... Sometimes I use salsa over the top or just slice some cherry tomatoes on top before eating. Oh, and once I used some shredded chicken that had been cooked in some taco seasonings with corn and black beans with low-fat cheddar cheese and topped it with sliced cherry tomatoes and light sourcream. It tasted so decadent. Oh, must make it again! These re-heat so easily and makes it great for grabbing in a hurry. Not just for breakfast either...with a tossed salad and some fruit delish for lunch or dinner. I would love to hear other ideas for these. Now I gotta go whip some up...
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Lotsa yummy ideas :)
  • ladyjeanne57
    Options
    Off subject, but can anyone tell me how to get my ticker to show when I post to a topic?
  • lushunn32
    lushunn32 Posts: 107
    Options
    Bump
  • ladyjeanne57
    Options
    bump
  • AlexBlow
    Options
    As many people have said, GET A BLENDER. Myprotein.co.uk do low carb/cal protein in a variety of great flavours - you don't need a blender for these, but you do if you want to add other ingredients.

Personal favourite of mine is the Choco Nut powder, 200ml skimmed milk and a small banana. <250cals, <25g protein, minimal carbs.

Agree with a lot of other posters though, get your carbs in early doors - don't be scared of carbs! They are VITAL in any form of recovery, but especially if you are doing any weight training.
  • fowlerly
    fowlerly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi what is your recipe for your protein shake?
  • coachtnz
    coachtnz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coach T Pumpkin Pot has an egg but doesn't taste eggy, no more than 2 mins in microwave. I don't even like pumpkin, but I love this. Puree pumpkin in advance and freeze pottles. Heres the quick recipe Dessert for breakfast delicious! Pumpkin Pot, 2 mins to make, no sugar, no dairy, no wheat.
    Whisk 1 egg, add 1 tablespoon coconut flour and 2 tablespoons of purée pumpkin stir and microwave 1st for 45sec. Stir then back in microwave for 25 sec.
    A fluffy pudding, sprinkle with cinnamon and have with raspberries and natural coconut yoghurt.
    Protein breakfast that’s Low carb, nutrition dense, high fibre.
  • petegaymer2022
    petegaymer2022 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My go to is seeded bread with peanut butter and a nice cup of tea, after my post night shift shower…..sets me up for sleep time nicely
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Streak and eggs are a go to for me a few times a week, but eggs are pretty much every day and tomorrow the steak gets changed up with some trout I smoked.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka

Egg bites

Greek yogurt or cottage cheese

Protein shakes (don’t need blender)
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My new favorite meal period…Wasa multigrain crackers (35 cal per)…sardines in water no salt (100 calories for my small can brand)…homemade no salt hummus from dried beans (75 calories for 50 grams) I add oil to it after I make it as my daily calorie allowance will allow, usually a teaspoon/5 ml per serving of varied oils. Add a side of small fruit (50 cal) big veg pile (spinach, cuke, tomato, green pepper) and for me I intake greek nonfat yogurt. Totally non-traditional but delish! Swap out sardines for egg salad (low cal low fat versions ~2.5 cal/gram depending on your ingred choices and lettuce wrap leaves for difference, try browned seasoned ground Turkey or chicken with Korean spice/flavors like sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, Chile paste in steamed cabbage leaves. I am not treating my meals traditionally. I’m asking my body what it WANTS. If it says fruit, it gets fruit, If it says eggs it gets eggs. But this sardine meal gets “requested”…no…demanded daily. I’m finding a high protein, decent amount of healthy fat combo leads to being satisfied longer. My complete whole food group inclusion is keeping my macros and micros in line. And my dedication to staying the course is being found at the scale. So talk to your body and look outside the box.

Try seeking high protein tortillas made with pea protein and make breakfast wraps and lunch wraps higher protein
    Try adding protein powder to your coffee
    Try eating poached fish at breakfast
    Try adding nuts to your daily meals…we eat one Brazil nut, one almond, one walnut before each meal like an appetizer course
    Try adding wheat germ to your foods
    Try adding flax seed to your meals…we like loaded yogurt: plain yogurt, flax seed, wheat germ, quick oats, raw honey, protein powder, fiber powder, add any fresh berries and voile! Add nut milk and shake/blend for a smoothie. You can do the same to steel cut oats as dressed up oatmeal.
    Try adding tofu to eggs to stretch it out and increase proteins
    Try alternative milks like almond, macadamia, hemp, oat, soy…shake with protein powder and buy fruit and smash by hand.
    Try French toast (egg dipped bread, cooked on nonstick with spray oil) with homemade fruit syrup (smash fruit, add honey, warm and pour over French toast)
    Use the egg dipped bread and make a monte cristo style sandwich with whatever meat and cheese you like or have.
    Try dried beans, cooked no salt, as a omelette filling with cheese or in place of breakfast meats or in addition to all your other breakfast choices.
    We add salsa to cottage cheese as a veggie dip
    I like cottage cheese in my plain yogurt for texture difference
    We blend avocado with a bit of Greek yogurt for avocado sandwich/wrap sauce

Break all the rules. It’s your diet. Eat what sounds good, tastes good and keeps you on course.