Down in the Poundage!

Options
Soooo.....

When I started my weight loss journey, I weighed in at 156 lbs at 5'2". And it was all in my tummers. I'm one of the lucky women with an hourglass figure, almost text book. So when I gain weight, I gain it in my smallest section - "Get in my BELLY!" Quite literally.

Today I stepped on the scale to see 145.6 lbs. I almost did a cartwheel (I haven't done one of those since my cheerleading days!).

I just wanted to take a moment to really be excited and happy about how far I've come. 156 was the heaviest I've ever weighed in my life, and as I'm approaching 30, I'm finding that it's harder to take the weight off. BUT, thanks to yoga at least once a week EVERY WEEK and some kick-butt pilates classes, plus 8-12 CUPS of water a day, I've been able to go at it slow and steady and take off a good CHUNK of weight. I've also found that this site has helped me to really pinpoint where I cheat, where I need to improve, and how to stay within my calories. It's a big help to see that I get reward calories for working out. Then I get to eat more of the things I love, which is one of my favorite past times. :love:

It's possible people! Slow and steady wins the race!! :drinker:

Have a great weekend, everyone!! :laugh:

Replies

• jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Soooo.....

When I started my weight loss journey, I weighed in at 156 lbs at 5'2". And it was all in my tummers. I'm one of the lucky women with an hourglass figure, almost text book. So when I gain weight, I gain it in my smallest section - "Get in my BELLY!" Quite literally.

Today I stepped on the scale to see 145.6 lbs. I almost did a cartwheel (I haven't done one of those since my cheerleading days!).

I just wanted to take a moment to really be excited and happy about how far I've come. 156 was the heaviest I've ever weighed in my life, and as I'm approaching 30, I'm finding that it's harder to take the weight off. BUT, thanks to yoga at least once a week EVERY WEEK and some kick-butt pilates classes, plus 8-12 CUPS of water a day, I've been able to go at it slow and steady and take off a good CHUNK of weight. I've also found that this site has helped me to really pinpoint where I cheat, where I need to improve, and how to stay within my calories. It's a big help to see that I get reward calories for working out. Then I get to eat more of the things I love, which is one of my favorite past times. :love:

It's possible people! Slow and steady wins the race!! :drinker:

Have a great weekend, everyone!! :laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg :drinker:
  • SteffCooley
    SteffCooley Posts: 111
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!! Doesn't it feel just WONDERFUL?! You have done an amazing job. Keep it up! :smile: