info on websites or apps for walking workouts

Options
I'm trying to get some feedback on websites or apps to help calculate my distance while I walk. I know there's some out there for smartphones, blackberry, etc.

Which do you recommend? what is the best one?

Replies

• Xandralexa
    Options
    All-in Pedometer is great. The free and the paid app.
    I've been using it for a month now and it's helped me track walking all through out the day. But it will use up a lot of battery power.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have tried some free apps without sucess. I actually use a site created by Bumble Bee Tuna, called Bee Well for Life. You can map out your route on a real satellite map and it will tell you how far the distance is. If you do log the miles you walk or run you actually help support cancer research. I like to know how far I am going before I go. So it works for me.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing other pals' replies.
  • jeepinerin
    jeepinerin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheela, try MICOACH. It is by addidas. We use it with our Blackberry on our nightly walks. It is a Blackberry ap.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper as an app on my phone (uses GPS with Google maps) and tracks your route, calculating distance, calories, incline, etc. You can go online to see all the progress reports, etc. I find if very handy. (Except where my Sprint phone can't seem to get a GPS signal... in that case you can go online to map your route and input your info manually.)
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    I use ImapmyWALK. I have only used it a handful of time, but it seems to work good so far.
  • barbarabelk
    Options
    I use this app called RunKeeper from the Android market. I LOVE it. It uses GPS to track your distance, your speed, and even traces it on a map for you.

It interrupts my music every 5 minutes to let me know how long, how far, and my pace. I use it on every walk. And it's one of the free apps.
  • SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your input.