For all you Wii lovers!

Options
I use to do Wii fit all the time, I was noticing it getting boring but I wasn't quite getting the results I wanted. I needed something to get me active, breaking a sweat and making my body ache. Well I found that game. It's called Golds Gym Cardio Workout. I love it. I can use two Wii remotes, so the nun chuck cord is not whipping me, I get my vigorous workout (only on beginner too), My body is seeing results. I am losing about a pound every 2-3 days. Don't worry I am still eating, just very healthy. I am noticing my pants getting looser already and I can feel ab muscles! My arms are less flabby, my hips are slimming and I am getting more toned. This is a boxing workout, but once you unlock everything you get jump rope (talk about ouch on my calfs), running while fight off a bear (I heard, haven't unlocked it yet) and tons more. I got it for about $20 used at gamestop. It's also Wii board compatible, but you don't have to use it.
I still do my Wii fit for yoga and rhythm step. I just want to let you guys know! Also there is no lag or issues with the Wii remotes not sensing like EA Active, and many other games.

Replies

• hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This is great advice. I love the idea of video games and a good workout.

Also for wii lovers or any other system as of next month I find that dancing games such as the Just Dance series offer a lot of fun and exercise at the same time. :D
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna bump this to remind me for later. THANK YOU!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am always looking for something new to try for the winter. That sounds like a lot of fun. I also like Michael Jackson's The Experience. I'm not that great at following the moves, but I can sure work up a sweat!
  • fadeddreamz58
    fadeddreamz58 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting dance dance revolution. I love the arcade, really gets your heart pumping. They have it for Wii, Xbox, Ps2 and PS3.
  • NJmom2002
    NJmom2002 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance's Just Sweat. It tracks how many calories you burned and sets weekly goals for you. I love it. Only issue is once I hit my goal I keep dancing because I just can't stop.
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump =)
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    I am thinking about getting dance dance revolution. I love the arcade, really gets your heart pumping. They have it for Wii, Xbox, Ps2 and PS3.

What system are you thinking about getting it for?
  • gunther0013
    gunther0013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try EA Sports Active2. It comes with a heart rate monitor that actually tells you how many calories you are "truely" burning. Walmart has it marked down to $24.96 and it has versions for all 3 systems. Warning though, it is tough. Wii Fit is easy if you ask me. But this EA game really works.
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    Try EA Sports Active2. It comes with a heart rate monitor that actually tells you how many calories you are "truely" burning. Walmart has it marked down to $24.96 and it has versions for all 3 systems. Warning though, it is tough. Wii Fit is easy if you ask me. But this EA game really works.

I'm not sure about for the other systems but I have EA active for my xbox and I can not stand how long it takes to transition between activities. I stand there tapping my food just wishing it would load.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    from what i can tell, the UFC personal trainer seems to be pretty good also.
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    Your Shape for the Kinect is pretty good. It tests you and lets you start as a level that is right for you. It had a couple issues with being very picky about timing that I'm hoping will be fixed with Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2.
  • fadeddreamz58
    Options

I'm not sure about for the other systems but I have EA active for my xbox and I can not stand how long it takes to transition between activities. I stand there tapping my food just wishing it would load.

With this no tapping your feet. It's instant, it also give you little break in between for water, it is very vigorous, so I love the breaks.
  • fadeddreamz58
    Options

What system are you thinking about getting it for?

Well since I sadly have all those consoles, I am a heavy gamer. I am thinking my Wii, just because I love my Wii more right now and my Xbox 360 is broken, again!
  • fadeddreamz58
    Options

Your correct Wii fit is easy, but this game I am talking about, not at all. You can get a heart rate monitor from a local sports store if you really want one, I already had one...
    My walmart sadly does not have it marked down, it's still $60.
  • fadeddreamz58
    Options
    Your Shape for the Kinect is pretty good. It tests you and lets you start as a level that is right for you. It had a couple issues with being very picky about timing that I'm hoping will be fixed with Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2.

I have had issues in the past with Kinect, so I am not a big fan. Plus my Xbox is broken, Error E-74...