Walk to Reduce Carb intake

Options
https://caloriesburnedhq.com/calories-burned-walking/
My current diet is strict on my carb intake. So I am learning about a balanced diet and portion controls according to protein, carbs, and fat intake daily. I found an interesting calculator that shows, according to my weight, how many calories I burn while walking. I walk 3 miles in 1 hour every other night currently. At 208lbs, I burn 347 calories within that 1 hour of walking. That is awesome, considering it takes four calories to burn away one carb. So, in one hour, I am burning 87.5 carbs away from my daily dietary intake. I am still trying to figure out how to get more protein in my diet, but at least I can better manage my carbs by walking for 1 hour every other day.

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    That's not really how it works. Walking, or any activity, burns calories - calories from anything you eat whether it is protein, carbs or fat. You don't just burn carbs.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    To be fair, I've seen many diabetics here and IRL who said that well-timed walking helped them manage their blood sugar levels, so if that's why OP is limiting carb intake, exercise might be relevant in that way.

But yeah, OP: Sometimes you burn carbs, sometimes you burn fats (rarely protein unless you consume excess), but any kind of exercise/activity burns calories. If we're in a calorie deficit, we eventually lose fat, even if we happen to burn carbs in the moment of exercise.