Support My *kitten*!

Options
I thought this site was for people to support each other on their struggles to get healthy.Bull ****.I've been on here about a month busting my *kitten* acquiring friends commenting on their progress with no feedback on mine.I put challenges out there for calorie burns and they just fizzle.Guess this site is just another one of those social sites like facebook..Bul ****!!

Replies

• djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    it shows that you have no friends on your profile....
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Maybe you just haven't found the right people yet, most are supportive, but don't put us all down for a few bad apples we are all in this barrel together.

Congrates on all your efforts to lose weight and trying to motivate others.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you haven't been getting the support you need from this site. I try to always comment but I know I can't get to every one, every time. You're welcome to send me a friend request if you'd like.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I assume you removed your friends before/after posting this.

It could just be the friends you have on here arent the sort to comment on everything.

Some of mine comment on everything, some comment on nothing.

It's not required that you must comment on everyone's status updates.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    umm ok
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I really like this site and I've met some really nice people, but you are right. I bust my buns cheering people on and sharing best bets and a lot of my buddies don't return the favor! I'll tell you what, I will be your friend and cheer you on if you agree to do the same for me! Feel free to add me as a buddy if this sounds like a plan!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm really shocked that you aren't receiving support when you seem like such a sweet person. My friends are all wonderful.

Perhaps you should post a thread in the Introduction forum asking for some supportive friends.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your experience. I understand your frastrations about giving support to others and no returned to you. However, there are alot of very supportive people on here and you will find them. Feel free to friend me if you'll like. Congrats on your weightloss and your wonderful and hard work. Keep it up!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm really shocked that you aren't receiving support when you seem like such a sweet person. My friends are all wonderful.

Perhaps you should post a thread in the Introduction forum asking for some supportive friends.

I wish you the best of luck.

:D
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I thought this site was for people to support each other on their struggles to get healthy.Bull ****.I've been on here about a month busting my *kitten* acquiring friends commenting on their progress with no feedback on mine.I put challenges out there for calorie burns and they just fizzle.Guess this site is just another one of those social sites like facebook..Bul ****!!

you are wondetful and deserving, you need better friends, that's all!!

it took me a long time to collect the friends i have, but i know they'll always use a lil spit before they stick it to me ♥
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    you have to find the friends that fit with you. Everyone uses this site differently. Some like the social aspect and use that as motivation and others do not. there are thousands of people on this site, surely you can find some that work for you.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options

You're so right...*kitten* the H8ers!

I'm sure you will find the right people to support you, sunshine.
  • starrnj
    starrnj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    first off, I wouldn't lump everyone together and secondly you could put things a little nicer....

I am new...I added a few friends and it takes time to get to know people...give it a chance..
  • starrnj
    starrnj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    btw The Yanks WON the division tonight....lol....I am a NY yankee fan!
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A majority of people here eat less calories a day than your diary suggests you burn. Its possible that they are not sure how to support you because you are so far under your calorie goals and you exercise so much. Many could mistake that for unhealthy when it could be perfect for your body.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are struggling. Keep doing what you are doing, everything else is gravy.
    From the title of your post I thought this was my ex wife.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I try my best to support all my MFP friends. I'm usually on later @ night because of my work schedule. If you need an extra friend add me. I'll do my best to help you.:drinker:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Sounds like you surrounded yourself with people that were wrong for you.

I have some wonderful friends on here.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find I get more motivation from the forums! I do have some awesome friends that comment on some of my updates, and thats great! I do what I can to comment back here and there, but I am not the most active on that. Sorry you had to rant to find the active commenters, but they are out there!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but do you really think that you will get a bunch of supporters once they read this? :flowerforyou: