Sexy and Sassy - Week4 (Closed Group)

Options
I thought I get us started this week. It's a chance to share the work of hosting a team.

Week 4 BUSHMEN Series
SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level!Raise those spears!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches. You hate me now but you'll love me come October!

Posted by MFP Challenge Series at 7:10 AM 0 comments
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook
Week 4 Pygmy Challenge
SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 4 –PYGMY SERIES

Week 4 Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.

Welcome to Week 4 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

Weekly Team Challenge - as a combined team effort attempt to reach a goal of an additional 2000 crunches. For a team of 10 that would be an additional 200 crunches per team member over a span of 6 days! As always water, calories!
Posted by MFP Challenge Series at 6:47 AM 0 comments

Replies

• mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Crunch Countdown

500 - mkaluzny
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hey hey :)

do we know where sass ended up this week? hope she's ok! :)

updating for the last two days: completed the bushmen challenges, was under calories and over water monday and tuesday and completed my extra 5k yesterday.

how is everyone else doing this week??
  • spurradic
    Options
    oh, and thanks mkaluzny for posting a new topic for us! :)
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Monday and Tuesday - Week four

Completed calorie, exercise, water goals successfully.
    Also added the crunches -see previous post.
  • januarygal
    Options
    Mon-wed
    pygmy me plus extra 45 minutes bike time yesterday
    calories and water were fine
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I love having the day off. I usually work weekends so this seem like heaven. Today has become rainy; so I am trapped and going crazy. Here is an extra set of crunches toward our total. It the rain keeps up and the wine doesn't get opened soon, I may have more.

Crunch Countdown

500 - mkaluzny
    100 - mkaluzny

600 - Total

Thanks to everyone for updating their challenge statuses (if that is a word - should I try "stati"?)
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Completed all food, water, and exercise challenges for Wednesday.

Hey, I think we need to add a new dimension to our team. We know we are all motivated and working toward good physical health. Let's talk intellectual health. Think of the last book you read or are reading. What is it; would you recommend it.

I just finished Lights out in Wonderland (Pierre) - it is about a young man who makes the decision to commit suicide and how this affects the people around him. It is a fiction piece. I probably would not recommend this to many people.

I am reading Left Neglected (Genova) about a Type A woman who multitasks in the car, has an accident, and finds she has no awareness of the left side of her body. It is a fiction piece written by a neurosurgeon. I would recommend this.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have done all three days of pygmy and I did an extra 250 crunches today. I also ran a 5k, but not sure if that counts this week.

Also, big thanks to mkaluzny for doing this for the group...you are awesome girlfriend!! Woo hoo Sexy and Sassy kicking butt.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The book I am currently reading is Secrets of an Irresistible Woman by Michelle McKinney Hammond. It is about discovering your own value, becoming the woman God created you to be, and becoming irresistible to the man who is worth marrying.

I would suggest this book to another woman who struggles with self confidence. I was in a very verbally abusive relationship years ago, but at times still affects me now. I have worked my butt off (literally) to get to where I am now and I want to feel valued.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm glad I was able to find the new thread. Thanks for setting it up mkaluzny:flowerforyou:

I have to be honest: I have kind of veered off in a different direction after finally recovering from my week of illness.:ohwell:

I am still with you guys in spirit, but I just don't have enough time in the day to do the daily challenges this week. I am doing the crunches, food calories, extra 5K, water part of the challenge though. Everyone is doing such a fantastic job! I wish I had some free time to read a good book, because I really used to enjoy reading(pre-kiddos). Does anyone know what happened to Sass?
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm glad I was able to find the new thread. Thanks for setting it up mkaluzny:flowerforyou:

I have to be honest: I have kind of veered off in a different direction after finally recovering from my week of illness.:ohwell:

I am still with you guys in spirit, but I just don't have enough time in the day to do the daily challenges this week. I am doing the crunches, food calories, extra 5K, water part of the challenge though. Everyone is doing such a fantastic job! I wish I had some free time to read a good book, because I really used to enjoy reading(pre-kiddos). Does anyone know what happened to Sass?

I am so glad you are still with us. Your spirit is welcome to inspire us. We need it. So what do children read now days? My kids loved Mercer Mayer (Critter), Robert Munsch, and of course, Maurice Sendek. My son Zack loved the Zack files, of course.
    No one ever got into the Berenstain Bears, but I think there were just too long.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    All challenges me for today. No extra crunches, sorry.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    calorie, water, and exercises challenges met for Friday.
  • spurradic
    Options
    hey guys :) i havent done my challenges the past few days :( but will do my best to make them up this weekend :) i have been under calories and over water every day though! and im actually starting to see changes in the scale numbers, woot woot! :) we'll see if the changes are still there monday, lol :) hope everyone is having a great weekend! and ill check back when i catch up :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Food & Nutrition?

Motivational forum is thataway --->

:P
  • januarygal
    Options
    Thursday through Saturday
    continued with pygmy exercises
    only added 50 extra crunches
    water and calories were fine
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Food, exercise and water challenges met today. I will look for everyone's summary and weight tomorrow.

It's been a long week and and even longer month. There seems to be a general wave of illness and injury plaguing many of the people on MFP and in my own community. I trust we will get through it and come up with strategies to manage things in the future.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Week for summary:
    6 days of Bushman challenges complete
    6 days of tabata complete
    6 days below calories
    6 days of meeting water goal.

Current weight: 120 lbs. (that is a pound up from last week, but back to my starting weight at the beginning of the month.)
  • spurradic
    Options
    okie :) woowoo! here goes the weekly summary for me :)

2 days of bushmen challenges, plus the bushmen 5k challenge
    4 days of pygmy challenges (except the bear walks bc they hurt my hip for some reason...) -- did all four days today actually since id fallen behind
    All days under calories
    All days over water

and shockingly enough down to 189.2 as of this morning...started the month at 191.8 and after two weeks of not losing anything i finally am down!

hope everyone has a great sunday!