breaking out like crazy, whats going on!?

Options
Okay, so i have two questions...First let me start with the breaking out issue...
I started breaking out like crazy a few months ago, around the same time I started eating healthier and exercising.
At first I thought it was just a few bad pimples, and hoped they would go away, than a few weeks later..still there...
I eventually realized it must be the new cover up i was wearing on my face, which I also started using close to when I changed up my lifestyle... So i discontinued the use...but now, a few weeks later, i'm still breaking out like crazy, these pimples are very unusual for me, some are actually painful.. I don't know what to do, I wash my face, hardly ever wear makeup at home... I started using a green tea face cleanser by st ives. recently...nothing... i am drying with clean towels when i dry my face... So that got me thinking, even though exercise and healthy diets are supposed to do good for your body and cleanse it, could my body be reacting badly... is this possibly from the new healthy lifestyle ive been living? will my body ajust? i've gotten a few pimple here and there and maybe had a few bad breakouts that were memorable, but nothing at all like this, they are not leaving! Any thoughts on this are appreciated! thanks..

Also before exercising, my whole life one side of my body (my left has been bigger) its not very noticable at all but there is one spot... my bottom... the left side is much bigger, you cant really tell, but i can see it and feel it and it is so annoying... when I exercise i feel my left side getting more of a burn when I want the other side to get it so they can kind of even out...what to do!?

*EDIT* i've been eating alot of peanut butter, could that be causing my breakouts?

Replies

• JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My guess is it's the toxins trying to make their way out. Make sure you're getting enough healthy fiber and lots of water to wash them out. Better to pee and poo the toxins out than to have them come through our skin! If you've ever seen the documentary Food Matters, there is a part on there that talks about just that. Or wait, was it Forks over Knives that mentioned it? Yikes, I can't remember. Watch both, because they're great documentaries with a ton of GOOD info! :) Hope it clears up soon! Oh and boost your vitamin C too! ;)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone!

The EXACT same thing is happening to my skin!! :sad:

I thought it was my new foundation so I switched it up but that didn't help. I changed my face cleanser and that didn't help either. My pillow case is washed frequently and I dry my face with paper towels. I try really hard not to touch my face. I don't know what new food or lack of food in my diet could be causing my skin to break out.

I just went to the Dr today and got a prescription antibiotic and face wash. I really hope it fixes my skin. I'm ashamed to even leave my house. My skin has never been this bad. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

I'm going to go look up supplements that can help skin. I will PM you if I find any good research and suggestions.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and it's really bothering me. I don't know what to do either. My face and back are worse than they've ever been. Someone suggested to me before that cutting out chocolate and oils might help, but I don't know about that. I was using a cleanser (Burts Bees Acne) for many months and it was working great until a couple months ago. .
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    peanut butter could be a problem, too. you might want to get an allergy test done.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Double check and see if your allergic to anything. And drink plenty of water. Your body's probably just letting out toxins. Smile :)
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone!

The EXACT same thing is happening to my skin!! :sad:

I thought it was my new foundation so I switched it up but that didn't help. I changed my face cleanser and that didn't help either. My pillow case is washed frequently and I dry my face with paper towels. I try really hard not to touch my face. I don't know what new food or lack of food in my diet could be causing my skin to break out.

I just went to the Dr today and got a prescription antibiotic and face wash. I really hope it fixes my skin. I'm ashamed to even leave my house. My skin has never been this bad. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

I'm going to go look up supplements that can help skin. I will PM you if I find any good research and suggestions.

Exactlyyyy my feelings! i've been considering proactive and thought about supplements as well!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    As for the skin, your body could be slowly cleansing all the bad stuff out of your body. The toxins have been adding up for a long time, and if you are eating better and exercising, your body is finally able to start getting rid of it. Its like when long-time smokers cough stuff up for months after quitting, your body is doing the same thing! If you want to try to expedite it, try a cleanse... or even just try the cleansing teas. Don't worry, your body will even out :)

The booty difference. My guess is you walk and exercise at a different angle/way which is making your left side work harder. You may not notice it at all. My right foot turns out when I walk and run, so my muscles will be worked in a different way. All you can try to do is notice the difference in your symmetry when you are working out, and try to focus on correcting it. Unfortunately, it could take YEARS of working on it to do anything about it. Its habit for you, your body learned to balance that way when you were young! Unless it REALLY bothers you, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    Could be an allergic reaction. I have heat hives on my hands when I sweat and They break out pretty bad. Your body could be detoxifying itself and coming out in the form of pimples. I get those sometimes as well. I never really heard of your case though. I hope someone finds an answer for you.
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    I have the same problem and it's really bothering me. I don't know what to do either. My face and back are worse than they've ever been. Someone suggested to me before that cutting out chocolate and oils might help, but I don't know about that. I was using a cleanser (Burts Bees Acne) for many months and it was working great until a couple months ago. .

forgot i was getting it on my back too:( ughhh
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    Double check and see if your allergic to anything. And drink plenty of water. Your body's probably just letting out toxins. Smile :)

Drink lots of water of course, but there is no evidence that drinking water will clear your skin.
  • StuffyStuff
    StuffyStuff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, it could be that since you are eating healthy , working out ( sweating) that your body is detoxing. Its getting rid of a lot of toxins and its coming out of your pores. Zits are kind of like bump filled with bacteria or lil pockets of bacteria.. Drink LOTS of water, use a mild cleanser on your face if it continues , Run, don't walk to see a license medical professional. ( preferably a Dermatologist. ) Hope it gets better. In the mean time hang in there ..Keep up the good work...dont let this discourage you.
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been breaking out a lot more since I started working out, etc. I have found that immediately after working out (I work out at the YMCA), I do into the ladies room and wash my face off with water (no soap...too drying at the Y). It helps keep things clear.

Also - I purchased one of those battery operated scrubber things that you use in a circular motion on your face with disposable pads - it helps clear up the skin - I use it every night and every morning.

Good luck - I'm still having some issues, but am trying hard to control it...but in Arizona, we sweat alot just living...add working out to it, well, I'm just a sweaty girl! LOL
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    ı turned 30 and suddenly had crazy breakouts all over my cheeks and under my jaw. I hadn't really changed my eating habits, and I don't use makeup. It looked like an allergic reaction to something, as I've never had concentrated breakours like that before. I went to a dermatologist, which didn't really help- she just prescribed antibiotics and a cream. It's started to clear up now, but I'd suggest going to see a doctor or dermatologist about it? Could be an allergy to something. I was told it's either hormonal or stress related, which didn't help at all.
    Hope it clears up for you.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing. I was also getting horrific migraines as well.

Two months later and it's almost over. It is your body cleansing itself of all the **** that was in it. Drink plenty of water and it will get better.

I practically bounce when walking I feel so good now! It's so worth it.
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This is totally me too! What the heck! I was chalking it up to sweat from more exercise causing it. I have been taking fish oil since April, got off the birth control pill, taking a Rainbow Light multivitamin, and eating a ton of fruits and veggies! I was thinking that combo would make my skin look radiant, wrong. I have gotten more little pimples all huddled together and large painful acne that take forever to go away. Even a boil on my leg-sick I know. That *kitten* has been taking forever to heal. Just got on an antibiotic to help. I wash with Neutrogena and moisturize with Aveeno. My skin is out of control!
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    I had the same thing. I was also getting horrific migraines as well.

Two months later and it's almost over. It is your body cleansing itself of all the **** that was in it. Drink plenty of water and it will get better.

I practically bounce when walking I feel so good now! It's so worth it.

i've been getting headaches/dizzyness here and there as well, i read it could be lemon water, which i drink... but other than and my face most of the time lately ive been ecstatic from all this energy and good healthy feelings i got!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    How much chocolate have you been choking down your throat? Anyway, do you know what body building is all about? Body building is about symmetry, about balance, about harmony. Body builders aren't just building a bunch of muscle, but they are trying to make the left half balance with the right half, and they want the top half in harmony with the bottom half. We, humans, are imperfect creatures. We all have one arm that's a little bigger than the other. One foot that might be a littler longer or wider than the other. It's part of being human.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Exercise makes you sweat and that clogs the pores. Shower AS SOON as you're done exercising and it should cut down on that. It happens to me too. Even if you carry face wipes for when you're done that should help a ton. I really doubt it's a reaction from doing good things for your body, but I suppose an allergic reaction could be the issue. In my experience/opinion it's probably just because you sweat more now.

Good luck =]

Just saw you got it on your back, I'm positive it's dirt/oil from exercise.

**also chocolate doesn't cause achne**
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    Make sure you aren't over cleansing your face. Removing the good oils and drying out your skin will actually worsen your acne.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i havent had the skin problem but i do know what you mean about the body working more on one side my right side works harder then my left and it loks so weird to me becuase ive only lost inches on my right side of my waist lol so i look at myself in the mirror wondering what the heck becuase its nice only on one side and the other looks like its got barely a waist