breaking out like crazy, whats going on!?

Options
2»

Replies

• demure_poetic
    Options
    This is totally me too! What the heck! I was chalking it up to sweat from more exercise causing it. I have been taking fish oil since April, got off the birth control pill, taking a Rainbow Light multivitamin, and eating a ton of fruits and veggies! I was thinking that combo would make my skin look radiant, wrong. I have gotten more little pimples all huddled together and large painful acne that take forever to go away. Even a boil-sick I know. That *kitten* has been taking forever to heal. Just got on an antibiotic to help. I wash with Neutrogena and moisturize with Aveeno. My skin is out of control!

I feel so sad like i'm, not myself (regarding the pimples) ...i got a really bad throbbing one on my chin it kills! i may just check out some anti-biotics and talk to my doctor like some of you are suggesting...i can't take this anymore.... i am going on vacation in december and though its not that close..i can't imagine going looking like this!
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How much chocolate have you been choking down your throat? Anyway, do you know what body building is all about? Body building is about symmetry, about balance, about harmony. Body builders aren't just building a bunch of muscle, but they are trying to make the left half balance with the right half, and they want the top half in harmony with the bottom half. We, humans, are imperfect creatures. We all have one arm that's a little bigger than the other. One foot that might be a littler longer or wider than the other. It's part of being human.
    Chocolate? That is a myth.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    About a year ago this happened to me. I went from never having to wear makeup to not even considering leaving without it. I eventually did go to the dematologist and got some over the counter face wash with glicolic acid (might be spelled wrong, but you got my drift). I LOVE this stuff. It is called MD and costs $25 and lasts about 2-3 months. Also, I wash my face before I work out because your pores open up when you workout and makeup will clog them. Also, as soon as I get home I wash my face and shower otherwise the sweat on your sports bra is drying up in your pores. Hope this helps and good luck...I will say that less then a week after I use the face wash I was completely clear.
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    How much chocolate have you been choking down your throat? Anyway, do you know what body building is all about? Body building is about symmetry, about balance, about harmony. Body builders aren't just building a bunch of muscle, but they are trying to make the left half balance with the right half, and they want the top half in harmony with the bottom half. We, humans, are imperfect creatures. We all have one arm that's a little bigger than the other. One foot that might be a littler longer or wider than the other. It's part of being human.

no chocolate for me! i am very serious about my healthy eating :)
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This is totally me too! What the heck! I was chalking it up to sweat from more exercise causing it. I have been taking fish oil since April, got off the birth control pill, taking a Rainbow Light multivitamin, and eating a ton of fruits and veggies! I was thinking that combo would make my skin look radiant, wrong. I have gotten more little pimples all huddled together and large painful acne that take forever to go away. Even a boil-sick I know. That *kitten* has been taking forever to heal. Just got on an antibiotic to help. I wash with Neutrogena and moisturize with Aveeno. My skin is out of control!

I feel so sad like i'm, not myself (regarding the pimples) ...i got a really bad throbbing one on my chin it kills! i may just check out some anti-biotics and talk to my doctor like some of you are suggesting...i can't take this anymore.... i am going on vacation in december and though its not that close..i can't imagine going looking like this!
    I have one on my jawline lol, what a joke! I am going on a mini vacay with the hubs in 3 weeks and feel the exact same way! It isn't exactly something makeup hides, I end up looking like I have ****ty skin with junk caked on. :grumble:
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    thanks for all your advice guys! mfp never fails to impress me :)
  • demure_poetic
    Options

I have one on my jawline lol, what a joke! I am going on a mini vacay with the hubs in 3 weeks and feel the exact same way! It isn't exactly something makeup hides, I end up looking like I have ****ty skin with junk caked on. :grumble:

exactly! when you put on the makeup over those pimples, the pimples unleash themselves from the makeup like "here i am and i'm not going anywhere!" lol
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Meeeee too! Grrr.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Don't tell me the whole too much sugar and acne thing is a myth too? Is nothing true anymore?
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Since I started hot yoga my skin has never been better. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, but a sauna would probably be just as good if you could go. When I had a week and a 1/2 break, my skin got gunky again.

GG
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Don't tell me the whole too much sugar and acne thing is a myth too? Is nothing true anymore?

lol for some reason the last bit about nothing being true is cracking me up
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ugh...me too! Waaaahhhhhh.

Not an allergic reaction, just sweating more and eating better so all the toxins are coming out. I've always beyond maxed out on water, shower daily, change between work out clothes/work clothes/relax clothes, and am quite ...ummmm...regular, but damn all these puss filled little *kitten* are really starting to get my goat.

Back, face, chest AND thigh. I use tea tree oil on anything not in a sensitive area (shoulders, legs, back, chest but not face as it would burn if it accidentally gets in the eye area) and it helps to dry them out fast.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I use the products on acne.org and have a perfectly clear complexion, now... Honestly, it's been a lifesaver. The information available on that site is priceless! Check it out :happy:
  • Mmk_131313
    Options
    I'm extremely relieved to see that this is a problem other people have had/are having. I have lived a pretty healthy lifestyle as far back as I can remember, but about 6 months ago I got heavy into my yoga practice and as a result it made me want to eat very healthy, so I switched to eating mainly fruits, veggies, legumes, and healthy grains.

At that time I started breaking out like CRAZY on my face and around my jawline. I had minor hormonal acne as a teenager, but other than that I've had great skin. It makes absolutely no sense to me how I've developed this serious, embarrassing acne, to the point of not wanting anyone to even look at my face close up!

At first, I just thought it to be detoxification, but 6 months!?? I mean if it does take a really long time I would love to hear from someone who knows or has experienced the same thing. I don't drink or eat dairy products, and I take my fish oils and get plenty of Omega fatty acids that are supposed to help skin... but I'm concerned about what's going on with my skin.

I also don't want to go to a doctor and be pumped up with meds... I would really like to figure out what's actually causing the breakouts.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What do you consider to be healthy eating? I use to get really bad breakouts on my face and was itching all over my body. I went to regular doctor, dermatologist and allergist. No one could figure out the problem and they all wanted to have me take some kind of medicine to address the issue. I didn't want to just cover up the problem so I kept looking around on the Internet and ran across an article about Wheat/Gluten causing acne. I eliminated wheat & gluten from my diet and the acne went away and the itching stopped. You can give it a try and see if it helps.
  • danellesmart
    Options
    Ok, I had to join this site just to reply to this, because I am having the same issue and cannot find answers. I am not exercising yet, but I am eating relatively healthy. I follow the paleo diet so I don't get a lot of processed foods, gluten, or sugar (which some people have suggested could be the cause) but I've been doing it for a while, so I don't think it could be a sudden change in diet either. I started breaking out on my right cheek about a month before my wedding, so when I saw a dermatologist she attributed it to stress. I've been married for 5 months now and it hasn't gone away! It's still only on the right cheek, and they're big, cystic, under-the-skin kind of pimples. If I try to wear makeup to cover it up, I always end up getting one more itchy red bump there, so I've stopped wearing makeup and am following all the other advice I've gotten, but it will still not go away.

Another strange thing is that I have apparently developed an allergy within the last month, but it's only in my right eye! So not only can I not wear foundation, but I can't wear eye makeup or contacts:( I feel like that side of my face is diseased. Has anyone else had trouble with this? I've heard that certain parts of your face can correlate to certain organs, do you think a whole body cleanse might help?