starving, can't sleep and it's 11:43pm... help me fight the

Options
.....late night cravings. help!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• annie41977
    Options
    I am right there too. I want to go raid the kitchen so bad!! Trying to refocus and about to chew some gum.
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    drink some water :) warm if you can, and then if you still can't sleep have a few carrot sticks or something.
  • Jesse13
    Options
    Water and a 70 calorie snack, it won't hurt you :flowerforyou:
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    EAT!!! Starving is not good!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I always eat a banana if I am up late and hungry. They are filling, make you sleepy, and have lots of potassium.
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    how about some warm tea? provided it´s not citric. Water? a bath? a quick journal entry about something that might have been bugging you? (even if it´s just anxiety related to keeping calories down)
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You said starving...eat a handful of almonds or something!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Kills cravings!
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Try half a baked potato, plain. It helps trigger the message to your brain to sleep.
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    thanx everyone... i drank some green tea, that has seemed to help, i was going batty there for a minute...almost got in the vehicle and made a burger run lol, well not that bad, thought about it for a second (just a second)
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I wonder with all the night owls on does everyone feel like there last meal should be around 6pm because if you stay up till 12 you should be eating something around 9 as well. If not you will always go to bed starving and your body won't like you and you won't like your growling tummy kicking you and keeping you awake.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like to drink "dessert" tea. I have some really interesting blends that are akin to spicy hot chocolate and others are vanilla almond. A splash of milk and maybe a little sweetener (I use stevia) and it is like free dessert. I like rooibos since it is caffeine free and has a good body suitable for a splash of milk. It also doesn't get bitter when you steep it (so you don't need much sweetener)

Here are a few options:
    http://www.adagio.com/rooibos/rooibos_vanilla.html
    http://www.adagio.com/rooibos/rooibos_cocomint.html
    http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/rooibos-teas/p/haute-chocolate-rooibos-tea
  • mrsmartin5
    Options
    water water water is my mantra......90% of the time when you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty, try a large glass of iced water !
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Everyone´s answers are so good, I don´t need to add anything!! :)
    I would have voted for Water/noncitric tea with no sweetener first (because yes most of the time you´re thirsty)
    Second, carrots if you´re not really hungry and just want to sort of fill the hole
    1/2 oz.- 1 oz. of mozzarella or swiss cheese if you´re really hungry or after the carrots just made you hungrier